Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Case for Camo

Default My Case for Camo

My case for camouflage.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I’m standing no more than 10-15 feet away in the following pictures. In the pictures that look the same I’m in different places.

Looks pretty good! Congratulations. Can't even tell you're in a few of those pics.

Has anyone ever thought about getting one of these Ghillie ponchos?

This one says "ultratlight" but it's 2.5 pounds, and I'm wondering how well it functions as rain gear...

I'm pretty sure that is everyones case for camo. I hunt in camo as well and other than the mandatory hunter orange, it is the only color I wear for hunting.

As for the pics, you are very well hidden but I'm surprised the foliage is still so green up there.

There are certainly many environments in which camo provides a definite benefit. It can also have the ability to keep folks at a distance under the right condition. For example, I don't want anywhere near this guy.

Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Rick, you seem to have an endless supply of these pics all loaded and ready to go!! It's a little disturbing! lol.

As the Minister of Science it's my duty, no, obligation, to provide the membership with the most complete and scientifically sound information available. Most of them I just conjure up.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I had no idea minister of science was such a dangerous job!

I guess I make it look easy (shrug).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    There are certainly many environments in which camo provides a definite benefit. It can also have the ability to keep folks at a distance under the right condition. For example, I don't want anywhere near this guy.

Say NO to Crack !

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I feel like this proves tha you don't need the latest , greatest, hi-techiest camo out there just to hide yourself. You're hidden pretty well in a couple of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Camp10 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that is everyones case for camo. I hunt in camo as well and other than the mandatory hunter orange, it is the only color I wear for hunting.

As for the pics, you are very well hidden but I'm surprised the foliage is still so green up there.
    Record rain all summer and record warm in sept, Weird weather and has been getting stranger each year. Too many lies out there to know what's going on all I know something is not right.

Camo is all too often rejected by people because it is associated with more radical elements of the gun culture but it could be used to avoid gun battles as well. I've heard even some hunters reject it as well and I would like to make a point about animals. If they have big ears thier earing is better and if they have big eyes thier sight is better. Birds have big eyes and every bird is edible. Rice stored in plastic soda bottle and boulion cubes make any bird a good meal and can sustain you a long time.
    Last edited by Alaskan Survivalist; 09-18-2010 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by your_comforting_company View Post
    I feel like this proves tha you don't need the latest , greatest, hi-techiest camo out there just to hide yourself. You're hidden pretty well in a couple of those.
    I hardly know enough to judge that but I do know every little bit helps. Just getting rid of everything blue makes a difference. My stuff is just cheap military surplus and I traded for most of it.

Banned

You are just a tad darker,, other than that you are invisible,

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Survivalist View Post
    I hardly know enough to judge that but I do know every little bit helps. Just getting rid of everything blue makes a difference. My stuff is just cheap military surplus and I traded for most of it.
    Intresting comment about the blue, as there is little in nature that's any size, that's blue.
    My understanding is that animals (except humans) are color blind.

That never made sense to me as I'm sure that color is used to find food, like berries and such?

Wild turkeys seem to except blue jeans and barn jacket when you are on a tractor, even chase you when you have the p00p flipper/spreader on the back.

I hunt in camo, even my orange (required) is in a camo pattern.

I find that a face covering seems to make the most difference, you seem to "vanish".
    And sit still!

Actually did the face mash on and face mask off photos using SIL, as well as photo of different blind set ups.
    Big difference!

SIL bought a few yards of the "cut out" camo, with holes all over it, as wanted DD and DW to make him a camo suit out of it.

Both were ready to kill him as about the time they would get going sewing, they would run into a "hole" and loose the stitch.....LOL.
    Glad I wasn't involved.

I guess I don't get too nuts with camo, don't think I would bother with a Gillie suit, (or wet suit with stuff tied on).
    I rather hunt lazy animals, that don't pay attention.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I always wear camo and/or earth tones. I feel it is rude to be easily seen. It ruins other peoples feelings of solitude.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Camp10 View Post
    Rick, you seem to have an endless supply of these pics all loaded and ready to go!! It's a little disturbing! lol.
    Yes, and it is getting worse with time.

Never fear, there are theripists that specialize in these disturbances. They are not very successful but they make good money!

The real reason for using them is building a paper trail for court, so when you finally post the absolute wrong thing you can tell the judge you are already in treatment and maybe you will only get a limited time on the sex offender list!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I always wear camo and/or earth tones. I feel it is rude to be easily seen. It ruins other peoples feelings of solitude.
    LOL,, Thats Funny ! (and true)

I have lots of different camo. Military and hunting but I seldom wear it except for hunting. For every day wear I love earth tones. I wear a lot of khaki, brown, drab green and even black. I'm not big on flashy colors or patterns. My wife gives me a hard time because my side of the closet lacks color.

Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by KYRAT
    Never fear, there are theripists that specialize in these disturbances.
    Yea, right. Like I want to be helped. Living in my world is a lot of fun.

Hey! I see Colts blue in there. That's good enough for me!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Hey! I see Colts blue in there. That's good enough for me!!!!!
    Heck yeah got a home and away jersey. That's as flashy as it gets in my world.
    Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...