Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sons and/or daughters that have no interest in hunting or the outdoors

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I am not trying to shove my beliefs on anyone, but I must insert something.

I was thinking about the nature of heaven yesterday as the pastor prattled along. I do not know exactly what it is like up there. The Lord said there was no marriage or giving in marriage, so my wife that is waiting up there will not have the same status or relationship as we had down here. I sure loved her though, and I will still love her just as much when I get to see her again.

The trick is that I will love everyone I meet in heaven just as much as I do her. And they will all love me just as much as she loved me. It will go on forever and there is not a single thin I can do that will make it stop. No one will ever be disapointed in me or me in them. Nothing I say will make anyone mad or hurt their feelings.

That keeps me focused and my life on track. It is the only reason I can wake up each morning and face the emptiness of another day.

If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Don't forget about our 4 legged fur-kids, they will all be waiting for ya, as well.

Whole point is, some stuff you can control, some stuff you can't, I guess as the worst thing that could happen has already happened........everything else is small stuff.

Don't take your self too seriously, enjoy what you can, love them kids.........
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

"Heaven is a place where all the pets you ever loved come running out to greet you."

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    "Heaven is a place where all the pets you ever loved come running out to greet you."

Does it count if you ran over a couple of them while they were chasing the truck?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Unlike people, it's unconditional love with pets.
    Besides, you'll be in heaven.

Blog Entries

While snuggling with my son one evening, I asked what was on his mind. He said that I would be mad if he told me, I told him to give it a shot.

At 7yrs old, he told me that he did not want to go into the USMC with tears in his eyes, he also said that he did not want to kill animals.

I just hugged him and explained.

Son, I have made my path through the woods, it is my path and mine alone. You will get older and have to make your own path, our paths may cross, you may follow my path for awhile. But it is my path, you will have to make your own.

He understood. Two weeks ago he asked when could he go hunting with me, he did not want to kill anything, just go in the woods.

That's my son.

Hunter and Sam, your posts brought tears to my eyes...I am so sorry for your losses. I have a 2 year old son that means more to me than anything in the world, I can't imagine losing him. He is just entering his "terrible two's" and becoming a real handful. Your posts put it all back into perspective though...you've got to appreciate each day while you've got them, because you never know what might happen. thanks for sharing and making me think, live and love
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

Quote Originally Posted by FVR View Post
    While snuggling with my son one evening, I asked what was on his mind. He said that I would be mad if he told me, I told him to give it a shot.

At 7yrs old, he told me that he did not want to go into the USMC with tears in his eyes, he also said that he did not want to kill animals.

Son, I have made my path through the woods, it is my path and mine alone. You will get older and have to make your own path, our paths may cross, you may follow my path for awhile. But it is my path, you will have to make your own.

He understood. Two weeks ago he asked when could he go hunting with me, he did not want to kill anything, just go in the woods.

That's my son.
    thats awesome....
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

Quote Originally Posted by FVR View Post

That's my son.
    Thats cool, thanks for posting this.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I really identify with Tsitenha that we try so hard to have a good time with our kids - I even tried to sit there and play some of those video games - to no avail. We tripped up to Maine, etc... there was a hint when he was 17 and bailed on a week in Canada, oh well.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Find common ground.

My son has little interest in guns. I don't know if he has fired a firearm. He shot archery and bb guns as a kid. He played paintball. He would go hunting and just hang and camp.

His friends would ask him to call when I was bringing gators home so they could come by and watch. They like to get pictures with the gators. He saw how some of the greatest enjoyment of the hunt is sitting back and retelling points and building memories.

He decided he wanted to hunt gator and killed his first one last year. He sat upon its back and killed it with a Hilti nail gun. LOL

Here he is sitting on it waiting for the nail gun to dispatch it. It was like a 7' or 8' gator not big though not bad.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

My girls decided they like to watch me with the gators. But, they stay back until I got the gator pinned (or he has me pinned). LOL They shoot though and are more into the fire arm for self defense thought pattern.

It really doesn't matter what activity your remembering fondly with your kids. Just so long as you find one. Sam and Hunter have shown we just need to spend the time wisely. Cause we are never told how much we get...

Blog Entries

My dad was a trucker and he only took me fishing once and thats all it took. I have taken my kids out and they have fun, but sometimes choose not to go. When they do go I let them know how happy I am that they come. Darn video games are powerful kid drugs.
    -Frank

Whether the knife falls on the melon or the melon on the knife, the melon suffers. (African Proverb)

Updating website! Stop by and tell me what you think!