Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can animal (including human) manure be used as fuel?

Thanks, stealth. Here's a bunch of uses including human:

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006...d_the_powe.php
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

bad zoo! elehant fuel is a valuable substrate for synthetic mushroom composts. i need that zoo-doo!
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Blog Entries

Play in your poop if'n ya wanna, i'll stick with my timber. Although the stool from grazing animals such as cow, deer, elk, moose, have been used extensively in the past. It works great in a pinch.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

You pinch the stuff? I do hope you wear gloves. PeeU!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Talking Pinch one. . .wipe two!

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf65 View Post
    ". . .works great in a pinch."
    D'oh. . .should have seen that coming. . .a clean breaker?! . . .LOL!
    Everything I have posted is pure fantasy. I have not done any of the things that I have claimed to have done in my posts. I actually live in Detroit.

Blog Entries

"PINCH" off a loaf and lite that!!!
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Surreptitious Watchman Kemperor's Avatar

I've found that chicken poop works pretty well. I'm going to have to go with Beowulf on this one, though, and stick with wood.

As far as global warming goes, quite a bit of greenhouse gases are recycled by plant life. The main reason for global warming is polar shift. I mean, yes, there still is an excess of greenhouse gases, but they aren't the major problem. The Earth is doing this on its own. The Magnetic poles are shifting, as is the earths position in space, giving more evenly spread sunlight to the Arctic and Antarctic regions as the shift progresses and the tilt of the earth straightens out. You have major earthquakes, such as the tsunami starter, and that speeds up the process as well. Add in all of the earthquakes of great magnitude that attribute to this, then add the greenhouse gases. Plus, volcanoes emit far more greenhouse gases than all of us, and all cows, combined. Global warming is very vastly multi faceted. We're just slightly speeding up the process. Add polar shift plus the acceleration due to earthquake plus volcanic emission plus swamp gases and other natural gas emissions plus industrial emissions plus fire emissions from just burning stuff and wildfires etc, plus farting, burping, and breathing plus the gases released from bacterial induced decay and that's what equals global warming. There's still a few additions that I'm missing too.

Okay. Quote your sources on the polar shift thingy. I have to read to learn. I told my wife I've been walking downhill for some time and she won't believe me.

When one goes to resources, remember that scientists are extremely similar to politicians. They don't care if the evidence is there, they're going to support their claims regardless, only using their evidence. The wiki is solely about Pole Shift and theories about the results of a pole shift, the second link goes into detail about what causes pole shift, an the third is from NASA talking about the ice at the poles melting and global warming in general. NASA claims that man is the reason for todays global warming, but if you talk to an archaeologist you'll find that the earth has series upon series of global warmings followed by Ice ages, and we're about due for a global warming anyway. After that, the reverse of what's happening now will occur. Anyone up for vacationing in Greenland in a few years? I look to what's happened in the past, and that's what I see.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_shift_theory

http://es.ucsc.edu/~glatz/geodynamo.html

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/...023esuice.html

I'll have more resources tomorrow regarding volcanic emissions, tsunamis, probably the whole shebang. This will provide you plenty of reading for now. We might even have to end up moving this to the general forum, so that we can get this topic back to shooting the $h!t.

I'm aware that pole shift has occurred in the distant past and it is something that could occur in the future but it isn't a quick process. It takes tens of thousands of years to complete (as least that's the current thinking). I was really interested in your comment that the magnetic poles are shifting. This is certainly true from a solar perspective and occurs quit regularly but I'm not aware of any ongoing change here on earth. I would be interested in reading any literature on that.

So far as we know, no extinctions have been caused by polar shift so I haven't seen any decent projections on what might be expected. One can theorize any number of things but if you know of some writings by NASA or Goddard or similar, I'd be interested.

Blog Entries

Global warming, polar shifts, greenhouse effects, blah blah blah I'll deal with it when i gotta survive jk real good posts from all and very informative. I believe this is a much looked over topic in most households. I'm actually learning alot about it here so thanks for the information everyone.

Not a problem Beowulf.

Blog Entries

There was a show on NatGeo this weekend titled Global Warming. Did anyone see it? I recorded ot DVR so I'm watching it tonight. Also a show on there called Life Without Us, this show tells of different disasters from natural to manmade and how human life expires a little at a time and then what happens when humans are gone.

I did see the Life Without Us last week. Good show. Interesting take on power generation. If that show is right, Hoover Dam area is going to be a sanctuary.

Blog Entries

Great show.

Here's a site http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/hooker87.html of a man that uses manure for fuel. He not only talks the talk, but he walks the walk.

Quote Originally Posted by corndog-44 View Post
    Here's a site http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/hooker87.html of a man that uses manure for fuel. He not only talks the talk, but he walks the walk.
    ..and drops the plop?
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"