Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Military Shovel WJQ-308

Default Chinese Military Shovel WJQ-308

Maybe it's actually crap, but this thing looks pretty amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b60OZhrTB6o

I just purchased one, now waiting for delivery. I'll let you know whether or not it seems to be any good.

Anybody have any experience with it?

PS - Is there no way to post embedded video on the forum? You guys should totally add that feature.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower people's expectations thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?" -Deputy Dewey Riley, Scream 2

Interesting video. Let us know how it works for you.
    Not all who wander are lost - Tolkien

Blog Entries

It appears that a swiss army knife is obsolete...
    Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.

You can't go in to nature, nature is not a place or an object. Nature just is. You are living it.

I have no experience with it. I personally would never trust the Chinese quality control. I would stay with a US Military entrenching tool, but that is just me I guess (based on experience and its quality).

But good luck, hope it is all you want it to be

NCO: I think the Swiss Army knife is still safe
    Last edited by Pal334; 09-08-2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: last sentence
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

looks interesting and I am looking forward to your review. The video makes the thing look tough as nails.

Quote Originally Posted by Pal334 View Post
    I have no experience with it. I personally would never trust the Chinese quality control. I would stay with a US Military entrenching tool, but that is just me I guess (based on experience and its quality).
    Ah, but can the US version juliann fries?

Or, more notably, cut through barbed wire? I like that wire cutter function.

And how about OAR function???
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isn't merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower people's expectations thereby enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation?" -Deputy Dewey Riley, Scream 2

"The multifunction folded saw boasting a happy combination of spade, pickax, trowel, howing, knife, saw, scissors, hammer, operner, shield, anchor, and oar perfect designed and refined making making a pioneer in tools family."

And all to the dramatic western music of Silverado!!

What more could you ask for?

lol. Sometimes, I swear I think they write it like that on purpose, because they think that's what we expect to see!

I love "happy combination."

Quote Originally Posted by sgtdraino View Post
    Ah, but can the US version juliann fries?

Or, more notably, cut through barbed wire? I like that wire cutter function.

And how about OAR function???
    Yup, you got me there for sure US version probably would not julian fries
    Mine has a wire cutter feature though, but for the life of me I never could figure out why.
    As for oars, you scare me enough and I can paddle with my hands
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

You can not embed video.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

That is pretty nice. Where did you find it? At first I thought it was a knock off of the Cold Steel Spetnaz shovel but no.

"Function Show"! The music is so right. Did everyone see the guy whip out 2 and paddle a boat! Note to self, it is also a "shield".

I like the commenter who said they forgot they can play ping pong with it.

But seriously where'd you get yours.

$89 on ebay

I'm thinking that with 1.4 billion neighbors coming over to eat, you do every thing you can to hurry ( and those guy's are), and you don't waste time looking for the right tool.

Quote Originally Posted by greenbeetle View Post
    $89 on ebay
    Tip: Use "Make Offer."

Why does the term: "Now imported by Ronco"! come to mind?

I want a bright orange one so I don't lose it.
    Last edited by aflineman; 09-09-2010 at 10:54 PM.
    Have Lights? Thank a Lineman!
    "Being prepared is sometimes inconvenient, but not being prepared is always inconvenient." - Fred Choate

Quote Originally Posted by Pal334 View Post
    Mine has a wire cutter feature though, but for the life of me I never could figure out why.
    That particular feature is used to cut wire.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    You can not embed video.
    I know that. That sucks!

That is pretty nice. Where did you find it?
    Somebody on survivalistboards posted it, and I fell in lurve. Hopefully it's not crap. The design seems like it could work, though. It looks like the shovel doesn't lock into position via a tension screw like most other similar designs, but that intead you have a big-*** metal bolt that you put through various pre-set position holes in the big-*** rotating fulcrum. Seems like a sound design. We'll see! Of course, poor metallurgy can potentially ruin any good design.

"Function Show"! The music is so right.
    I think part of that music is from "Silverado." I think somebody said another part is from "The Magnificent Seven." lol.

Note to self, it is also a "shield".
    And "Grapple!" <"Hyaaah!">

I like the commenter who said they forgot they can play ping pong with it.
    lol. Once I get it, I'm tempted to do a spoof video where I "function show" about 20 more functions, each one more ludicrous than the last!

But seriously where'd you get yours.
    I got mine from "fresh tea" on ebay. I did not pay full price, I made the dealer an offer, which they accepted. In the interest of not sabotaging them, I will not divulge the price that was accepted.

If you make a video, don't say it's a shovel until the end, in very small print.
    Keep us posted when you get it.

Personally, I'd use it to make hamburger patties. Place a ball of hamburger on the counter then THWACK!. Hamburger patty. You could also use the handle as a very short pool que or to stir your soup while it cooks. The possibilities are endless.

What would you pay? Don't answer because if you buy yours today we'll throw in the Himalayan military shovel free of charge. A $29.95 value all yours for only $89 or your best offer.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Himalayan shovel not sold in stores.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Do a kill, skin, butcher, cook, serve and clean up video with it.

Oh, yeah. Use it as a skillet. That would complete the cycle. Good show, klick!