Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knife Making Score

Over Taxed Under Paid Swamprat1958's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Too late. See post #38.
    As usual "A day late and a dollar short".

Crash, that is one well organized shop! If your ever in the area, I'd love to have you over to clean and organize my shop for me! I'd be happy to share some of the burls I've gathered in trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Camp10 View Post
    Crash, that is one well organized shop! If your ever in the area, I'd love to have you over to clean and organize my shop for me! I'd be happy to share some of the burls I've gathered in trade.
    It would be my honor and pleasure to clean and organize your shop. The problem is that after doing so, nothing is where is was supposed to be.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

It would be my honor and pleasure to clean and organize your shop. The problem is that after doing so, nothing is where is was supposed to be.
    As long as it isnt all in the back of your truck I'll probably make out okay!

I spent some time "re-organizing" the shop and putting in a few new shelves. I think I have room for a few more things. Woot!!!! I still need to make covers for all of the equipment to keep the grind dust out of it.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

you missed a spot. better do it over from the start.

nice workshop. i haven't got 1/4 that amount of stuff in mine and it isn't half as organized.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

I've still got a little rearranging to do. Storing Coleman fuel, MAP gas and propane directly above the heat treat oven don't seem right. Don't know why, but it just don't seem right.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

And in other news......

NASA has denied they had any connection with the launch earlier today from Jacksonville, Fla. Spokesman for NASA, U.P. Anaway said, "We have no idea what it was. But it was something fast."
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I've still got a little rearranging to do. Storing Coleman fuel, MAP gas and propane directly above the heat treat oven don't seem right. Don't know why, but it just don't seem right.
    it's because you forgot to punch some 'safety holes' in the containers. you know, to vent any pressure that might build up.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Now that right there is funny I don't care who you are. God bless them little tree dwellers in Indonesia.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

i only just noticed the pictures of the burl scales. that is insanely gorgeous. i can't wait to see what you make with them.

Crash. The wife just saw the pics of your shop. Man neat guys like you sure do make it tough on guys like me. Pics of the knives man pics of the knives. Not the neat as a pin shop. :>)

oldtrap

Crash, I noticed in one of the pics the felt covered contact wheel that you did a show and tell with a while back on here...how did it work out? I dont remember seeing a knife made with that finish on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Camp10 View Post
    Crash, I noticed in one of the pics the felt covered contact wheel that you did a show and tell with a while back on here...how did it work out? I dont remember seeing a knife made with that finish on it.
    I haven't used it yet. The contact wheels fit so tightly on the motor shaft that I have to remove some metal for the wheels so they slide on and off easier. The other issue with the soft wheel is that I put the 1/4" felt on an 8" contact wheel. I'm using a 10" wheel for my hollow grinds, so I should be using a 10" wheel - mill off 1/4" and then add the felt. I'll let you know.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I should add - the guy that showed me how to use a soft wheel does no hand sanding and you cannot find a single grinder mark on his blades. *sigh* Maybe some day.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Come on Crash, a perfect knife is like a brand new pickup truck. It's almost a shame to scuff them up but that is what you bought them for. It just makes really using them more stressful.

Did you not realize that a clean shop is the first sign of a warped mind!! You never, never ever show a pic of a clean and organized shop. It is traumatizing to the rest of us.

How do you ever find anything? And all that running back and forth putting things away and taking them from exactly where they belong. So much wasted energy when it could all be in a big pile right where you need it!

If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Come on Crash, a perfect knife is like a brand new pickup truck. It's almost a shame to scuff them up but that is what you bought them for. It just makes really using them more stressful.

Did you not realize that a clean shop is the first sign of a warped mind!! You never, never ever show a pic of a clean and organized shop. It is traumatizing to the rest of us.

How do you ever find anything? And all that running back and forth putting things away and taking them from exactly where they belong. So much wasted energy when it could all be in a big pile right where you need it!

The wisest words ever written! I need to make this into a T Shirt!!
    -Frank

Whether the knife falls on the melon or the melon on the knife, the melon suffers. (African Proverb)

Updating website! Stop by and tell me what you think!

Yeah, but after Friday's haul, I couldn't find a place to stand.

Picked up some handle material today. I'll snap a pic.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

OK - now I'm through for a while. It must be time to make some knives. These are in addition to what I picked up Friday. Some of the materials will be used way down the line, as my skills improve.

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Hokey Smokes, Crash. There's some beautiful scales waiting to jump out of some of that material.

Blog Entries

WOW!!! Dude! That is great stuff there. I can't wait to see what you make with those tusks
    -Frank

Whether the knife falls on the melon or the melon on the knife, the melon suffers. (African Proverb)

Updating website! Stop by and tell me what you think!