Thread: Hot Cans

Default Hot Cans

thats right they have now invented an instant heating can of liquid it could prove to be very useful in a cold survival situation and a good moral booster.

http://www.hot-can.com/index2aus.html

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skully View Post
    thats right they have now invented an instant heating can of liquid it could prove to be very useful in a cold survival situation and a good moral booster.

http://www.hot-can.com/index2aus.html
    hey Thats Cool ! er,,, um , I mean Hot ! umm,,,, Thats NICE !

I found these (or something like them) here in the US 4-5 years ago. Was a coffee, cream and sugar. It heated everything up very good, and tasted decent also. At the time, I think I paid something like $2.50. I agree it would be a nice morale lifter if you have the space availble to store it.

Only found them once, I think I bought 3 of them, have never seen it again.
    Last edited by Pal334; 08-27-2010 at 12:33 PM. Reason: last sentence
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Banned

I think something similar was posted here awhile back ?

the first self heating can was invented in the 1890s.

they been touted as a recent development many times [ e.g. new york times, 1941], and where used in ww2.

i believe the reasons they have never found mainstream success is a combination of safety issues and production expense, though with technological progress making just about everything cheaper [read: more willingly wasted, IMO], they will probably take off for good before long.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Blog Entries

There are also food ones, they're quite popular over here with outdoorsy types.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

it was for food rations that they where used in WWII, by the British army i believe.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

sorry, that was the first world war for the russian army, and second world war for the british army.
    Last edited by canid; 08-27-2010 at 07:11 PM.