Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mora to Discontinue Knives

Default Mora to Discontinue Knives

I thought I would give everyone a heads up. Mora is discontinuing some of their more traditional knives. The S1, S2, SL1, and SL2 are all being discontinued. The S1 and S2 have the red painted birch handles while the SL1 and SL2 have the plain birch handles.

There are still a good number of traditional knives being made by Mora but those, especially the S2 (Cody Lundin's knife judging by the sheath) and the SL2 are rather popular.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Too bad. First Old Timers go stainless, now Mora is discontinuing tried and true knives.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

is nothing sacred?

Paul
    I like this little guy

http://pmooreknives.webs.com

Blog Entries

I may hafta finally buy one....

Frosts and Eriksson merged about 18 months ago and became Mora. They are in the process of building the Mora brand so they are discontinuing some of the original Frosts and Eriksson knives. Just a little rebranding but some of the knives they are getting rid of were pretty nice.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Frosts and Eriksson merged about 18 months ago and became Mora. They are in the process of building the Mora brand so they are discontinuing some of the original Frosts and Eriksson knives. Just a little rebranding but some of the knives they are getting rid of were pretty nice.
    Yeah and the discontinued models will probably be picked up by a Knife-maker in China!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

are the discontinuing the blades for those models, or just the assembled knives?

after seeing thier prices, i thought on of these days it would be worth my while to place a bulk order for some of thier blades.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Well, that's a good question. Those model numbers I listed are the complete knife. However, I know they offer the corresponding blades for purchase as well. Let me see if I can find out.

Made a phone call. The S1 and SL-1 use the KB1 blade, the 2's use the KB2 blade. So far (he said with trepidation in his voice) they have no plans to discontinue the blade.

Blog Entries

So what we have is bad knives going for worse... Have I ever mentioned that I dislike Mora?
    Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.

You can't go in to nature, nature is not a place or an object. Nature just is. You are living it.

This is just a rumor mind you and you didn't hear from me but I understand Puukko begged Mora to buy them out and Mora refused. They didn't want to lower their standards that much.

Blog Entries

I am almost insulted by your ignorance... Puukko is not a brand or a company, but a type of knife... Just like Mora is a type of junk metal.
    Survival is not about surviving AGAINST the nature. It's about surviving WITH the nature.

You can't go in to nature, nature is not a place or an object. Nature just is. You are living it.

The most beautiful knives, to me, are Saami Puukkos.

Specifically the all reindeer types like this.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Blog Entries

Finally someone who can appreciate quality!

@NCO: and i'm almost ignoring your insulting, so there's that.

to be a bit more clear: Mora of Sweden - frequently called simply Mora - is a company specializing in mora blades, and Frost Knivabrik; the makers of Frosts Mora knives.

i don't know what other company Rick was referring to, but see no reason a company could/would not use Puukko in their tradename.

@Winter: that is one of my favorite knives i've seen online. i don't know who the maker is, but it reminds me of some done by MH of Sweden, who's work has inspired me a lot.
    Last edited by canid; 08-24-2010 at 09:44 PM.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Blog Entries

@canid: Please understand that all this "insulting" thing is humor between Rick and myself. This has been going on almost from the day I joined these great forums. You can verify this by doing a forum search about all my posts regarding moras and puukkos.
    I am very much aware what Mora is and where and by whom it is manufactured.
    For how I know that the term "puukko" refers to a type of knife, rather than a brand or company name, is that the word is Finnish language, meaning the certain type of knife. How I know this, I am Finnish by nationality, I live in Finland, I speak Finnish as my first language and got my first puukko when I was 2 years old.

EDIT: If you, or anyone else wish, or see the need, to have more elaborate explanation about the "company called Puukko" begging for Mora of Sweden to buy it, and why it has nothing to do with real world, and why it is part of Rick's way of having fun with me, please feel free to ask.
    Last edited by NCO; 08-24-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: see EDIT:

ok; then don't let my interpretation rain on the game. my apology.

as for the puukko style of knife; i'm familiar with it to the extent a sheltered american with an internet connection is likely to be, and i love them - most of all for the elegance of design and craftsmanship i've seen put into so many of them. as a knifemaker, i'm currently striving to emulate style in some of my own knives.

Yeah, yeah. He thinks he knows about knives. He's been watching those northern lights again.

.......actually.....it's all in good fun.

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure that explanation I posted above is by far the most informative post I have ever made on these forums.

And Rick, so what if I look northern lights! They make me happy inside! Just like seeing a Mora fail miserably at all and every task you try to do with it!

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.