Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Post Pictures on the Forum

Default How to Post Pictures on the Forum

From Your Computer:

There are two methods to post from your computer Or from the internet. The first is the Insert Picture icon located at the top of the Reply box. It looks like:

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

This box will allow you to insert a picture either from your computer or from the internet. Select the source of your file from the tab at the top of the box and enter the location information. Select Upload File if posting from your computer or Okay if posting from the internet.

This will embed the image into the post. If you have multiple pictures, just continue to add them the same way.

That's it. Scroll back up and do your write up. You can hit Preview Post and see what it's going to look like. Your picture or pictures will be thumbnails but if anyone clicks on them, they will see the full picture. The thumbnail just saves space.

Another way that will post full size images:

From your computer:

If you have the image on your computer and want to post it, either start a new thread or hit reply as you normally would then select Go Advanced at the bottom of the message box. Once you are on the advance screen, scroll down to Additional Options. The second box is titled Attachments. Click on Manage Attachments and a new window will open. You can select ADD FILES from the upper right corner of the box. Select the tab to upload the attachment from your computer or from the internet. From the internet just copy and paste the URL into the box. From your computer select the appropriate file to upload.

At the top of that window is a box titled Browse. Click on that and it will display your computer files. You'll have to know which folder your picture is in and what the file name of the picture is then navigate to that file, highlight and click okay. That file name will now appear in the window and be ready to upload. It should look something like:

C:\My Pictures\BillyBob.jpg

Then click Upload to the right of the file name. If all goes well, you'll see the file appear in the box Current Attachments just below the Browse box. If you have an error, it will appear above the Browse box and it will tell you what the problem is. You have to look at both because it doesn't stand out. It will only be one or the other.

If you have multiple pictures, just continue to add them the same way.

Once the file is in the attachment box. You are in good shape and you can just close the window via the X in the upper right hand corner of the new window. You will now be back at your post and the file name will be displayed in the box titled Attach Files.

That's it. Scroll back up and do your write up. You can hit Preview Post and see what it's going to look like. Your picture or pictures will be thumbnails but if anyone clicks on them, they will see the full picture. The thumbnail just saves space.

From the Internet:

If you have a picture on the internet that you want to post. Just add the html information within the body of your text. The html code for an image is Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum. to end it. For example. Here is the address for a picture of a fox bat on the internet:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/54/78/0b/54780b6c8032e2dadc38f9e0d753d57c.jpg

To place that information in a posted thread, you just have to type something like:

Here is a picture of a fox bat that I took last year. You can see how much the face looks like a fox.

In my example above, I placed a space between the image tags and the actual address. I was afraid the actual picture would display rather than the words, which would be of no help to you. In a real post, there is no space and the entire line of information is typed in as one word.

When posting images from the internet please avoid any copyright infringements.

Finally, you can post images from a photo service such as Photobucket or similar. These services are usually free and make posting images pretty simple.

Errors when posting are usually because the image is too large. Try resizing the image then post it. 640X480 is a good size to work with.
    Last edited by Rick; 02-27-2008 at 05:56 PM. Reason: corrected url
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Default posting pics

I don't know if i am doing something wrong?? Tried to post pics. when i do what your instructions say and click or reply or start a new thread there is no go advanced at bottom of message box or at least not on my screen. tried clicking on manage attachments but it gives me an error message jpeg failed to load everytime I try any other suggestions?

I'll PM you.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Senior Member erunkiswldrnssurvival's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Attachment 1374 thanks i guess i did it
    God lives in the Mountain, Serve the Master, The Mountain also serves the Master. Serve the Mountain,
    The Mountain Breaks you.
    http://www.youtube.com/trapperjacksurvival
    http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss113/erunkis

Indeed you did. Where would you like your post moved to? I'll be happy to place it in an existing thread or start a new one with your picture if you like.

Senior Member erunkiswldrnssurvival's Avatar
    Blog Entries

um, i used that pic because of the size. i have to resize my photos before i take them from the camera that i have. i am going to post on my backyard campsite tommorow. thanks though Rick. doing it is having done it so i did it! i think???
    God lives in the Mountain, Serve the Master, The Mountain also serves the Master. Serve the Mountain,
    The Mountain Breaks you.
    http://www.youtube.com/trapperjacksurvival
    http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss113/erunkis

I had to many beers last night so I'm not to chatty today and still in a bad mood
    Last edited by oly; 07-26-2009 at 09:49 AM.
    A mouse ate a hole in my lumpy chair.

Banned
    Blog Entries

If someone had 30 or 60 photos, of a hike, can they be posted all in one file.....? Could one of our wonderfull Moderators then open it, and choose some photos. Do photos need to be posted one at a time....?

You can certainly post multiple photos. I don't know that there is a limit on the total number but you have to upload one at a time follow the instructions above and you'll probably have to resize the photos because of the size restrictions.

If you have that many, I would think it would be much quicker and easier for you to use photobucket.com. You can highlight all of the pictures you want to upload and send them to Photobucket at one time. There is no restriction on photo size either. Then you can just post a link to your photobucket account and everyone can see all of the pics.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Rick, If I do not have a digital camera, but someone else on the hike did. How best to get them from his camera to here....? Do I set-up my own Photo-bucket account, and have him load them into my account. It might be easier to snooker him into joining the Forum.

The snooker part would probably be easier but yes, he can load into your account if you're logged in or give him the password. His camera should have a patch cord that will allow it to connect to the PC. From there, he'll just need to follow the instructions in his camera manual. Generally, they automatically open a window that he can download from.

Hope - not sure how many pics can be put in a single post, but multiple posts are an option as well as loading them into your personal album on your profile page.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

If you really had 30 or 60 pictures the easier method may be to setup an album on a picture sharing site such as flickr.com or shutterfly.com, upload the pictures, and merely then link to your public shared album from here.

Places like shutterfly even give you 25 free prints when you sign up. It really is a useful service. I use them for all my family photos, it is like an offsite backup. My house can burn down (knock on wood) but all our pictures will still be safe.

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Are there image size tags that can be added, rather than resizing the copies on my host, or having to have copies of 2 different sizes of the same picture? [img height="400px" width="600px"] http:etc...?

YCC - for the pictures I post (I use Photobucket) all I do is copy the IMG code for the picture and [paste it here. For the downloads I do onto Photbucket I selec Medium for the size, as I find them to be the most viewable.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks. I'll give it a go and see if the smaller images still retain the detail of the big ones.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    From the Internet:

If you have a picture on the internet that you want to post. Just add the html information within the body of your text. The html code for an image is Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum. to end it. For example. Here is the address for a picture of a fox bat on the internet:

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/Hom...it-Bat-02.html

To place that information in a posted thread, you just have to type something like:

Here is a picture of a fox bat that I took last year. You can see how much the face looks like a fox.

In my example above, I placed a space between the image tags and the actual address. I was afraid the actual picture would display rather than the words, which would be of no help to you. In a real post, there is no space and the entire line of information is typed in as one word.
    Or, you can click on this little icon Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum. and you will get a box to just paste the link into, this will wrap the code and post the pic in your post for you,

I've run out of picture space. How do I delete pictures from my File Upload Manager?

Alan

Rick's the smart one between us (yes, I got the looks). I'm sure he knows, and if not I'm sure he can make it sound like he does.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Bad news. You can't. If a picture is used in a post and you delete it then the post is messed up so you are not given the option of deleting them. Crash mentioned Imgur in another post. That's about the best method to use. Sorry.