Thread: Japanese Stilt Grass

Default Japanese Stilt Grass

ive been seeing a bunch of japanese stilt grass all around the place and its sprung up in my backyard and im wonder is it edible if so how do you prepare when i tried to just bite off part of it, it tasted horrible.

I'm not sure if Microstegium vimineum is edible or not, but I would recommend not just eating a wild plant that you are not sure what it is, or if it is poisonous or not.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scaru View Post
    ive been seeing a bunch of japanese stilt grass all around the place and its sprung up in my backyard and im wonder is it edible if so how do you prepare when i tried to just bite off part of it, it tasted horrible.
    The horrible taste would be a good indicator not to eat it.

If you do not know if a plant is edible or not, NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE PUT IT IN YOUR MOUTH!

There are many plants that can make you sick and even kill you with just a small taste.

Do your homework FIRST!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

Don't put it anywhere else either. Just sayin......
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

lol but i m alive and i did that a couple weeks ago but i would really appreciate any info on whether or not its edible or not

It's not a plant I know about. I did look but couldn't find anything on it being edible.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.