Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll Be Homeless on 08/25/2010

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Default Same Here

Quote Originally Posted by gryffynklm View Post
    How about a P.O. box you'll have a place for your mail to go until you get moved in. Just a thought. We don't have a street address just the PO. The post office has our residence listed as "the long blue House on the SW corner of .... and ...." Its a pain having things shipped.
    I don't have one either, just a route and box number. Couple of yrs. ago EMS named every road, gave every house a number so I have a box number on the mailbox and a house number on the house. Some businesses & agencies won't take a box no. as a residence location. Go with general delivery at whatever post office you are near. Good Luck
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

An alternative to a PO box is a place like kinkos that rents mail boxes similar to the post office. The only differance is there versus the Po is you actually have a street address kinda like..... 111 N manin street # 44 whatever town..... I know of a couple people who are owner/operator truck drivers that live in their trucks and use these in their "home base/town" where family is to recieve mail. They can also get packages there as well. And they are as cheap or cheaper than a PO box.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Banned

I have a P.O. Box
    P.O.Box 461
    Vincennes, IN 47591

Today's the 25th. Did you find a place?
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

Not yet, but a peace has descended upon me that I am really enjoying. I'm not going to sweat this time of living in my truck. Something good will come out of it I'm sure. I have private land to deer hunt on this year. I have friends that while they have no place for me to stay will buy me lunch once or twice a week. I have a place to do laundry for free and a place to do my morning hygiene. Cold weather is months away and I have warm wool blankets and merino wool long johns and socks and pack boots good to -100. I have several wool toques(toboggan caps some call them). Like I said in a previous post food is not a worry.

How are you getting Internet access? Library? Friends? Wifi?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

There are several free WiFi places in town. I'm not completely broke, just no place to move into. So I can swing a cup of coffee and be in a WiFi hotspot.

Blog Entries

Archer, take a look:

Cashier I - Company: Lowe's

http://www.job.com/my.job/jobdisplay...476109/us=702/

Several jobs in the food service industry:

http://www.snagajob.com/local-jobs?s...na&l=vincennes

Loads of other jobs posted:

http://www.advertisingomaha.com/free...d=2322&lang=en
    Last edited by Ken; 08-27-2010 at 05:12 PM.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Banned

Thank you Ken I am looking for work nationally(locally too, snagajob.com has been useless to me). Maybe this was the reason that I am to move somewhere else.

i've been in that situation more than once [though with my youth to cushion me] and i wish you the very best.

somewhere there's a window opening archer.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

Banned

thanks canid, today was rougher than the last two days for some reason. The negative thoughts made their presence known. I don't think this could happen to anybody who wouldn't feel like a failure for it coming to pass. I couldn't see where to make my next step. Should I stay here or should I fill the gas tank, pick a compass direction and head out and see what happens.
    Last edited by hoosierarcher; 08-27-2010 at 09:17 PM.

Banned

My first thought would to head to a warmer area. 30 degrees would be easier for me then 0 or 0-

I am not sure any area has more jobs then another. Just different type of work.

I grew up in Northeastern Missouri and even as a kid I knew what being out in the cold most of the night was like in the winter time.
    Surivial is just an unplanned adventure when you are prepared

If I can't find employment I look for work. If you see something that needs to be done offer to do it for a price.

What about cruise ships and dinner cruise boats. Seasonal resort work. Da islands man!

Hoosierarcher,

Maybe we can help eachother. I have a vacant home that needs an occupant and it also needs fixed up. You pay utilities and fix it up. I am in Sumter SC and everyone I know is working. I'll PM my phone number.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

dontcha just love the networking that takes place here?
    ‎"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."

That's one heck of an offer CS.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    That's one heck of an offer CS.
    As it stands it looks like I will be refinancing and roll in the necassary improvements to get the home where it needs to be when this market turns around. This might be perfect for both of us as I don't have the time to do all of what I want to do. Heck I even have an extra riding mower to put over there!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Banned

CS, I'm floored by your offer. I called you got voice mail and left my number. This is just to say I'll talk it over with you.