View Poll Results: Do you use any ALICE gear?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

122 78.21%
  • No.

18 11.54%
  • Thinking about it.

16 10.26%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The ALICE Thread

Thought OI would update a bit. Been a while since I was on here, but I have been solwly modifying my Alice with things that seem to suit my needs...mainly Scouting adventures. IMG-20130331-00207.jpgIMG-20130331-00208.jpg
    I have found that certain Molle pouches attach nicely in certain areas. I have four IFAK pouches shown in these pics, but I also use two 2qt water bladders in the lower positions on the sides. On top of the main compartment flap I have added a Condor Butt Pack, I believe Fox industries make a similar product. Of course, you'll see an MSS as well. Overall, I am pretty happy with the set up and feel of the Alice right now. I haven't purchased the Molle II shoulder straps or kindney belt yet, I am pretty happy with how it feels with the LC-2 equipment.

The difference in the shoulder straps are night and day. Do yourself a favor and upgrade them. You'll be happy you did. I like the IFAK pouches but the darn thing already holds more than I want to carry. Those would force me to find more gear to carry. :O)
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The difference in the shoulder straps are night and day. Do yourself a favor and upgrade them. You'll be happy you did. I like the IFAK pouces but the darn thing already holds more than I want to carry. Those would force me to find more gear to carry. :O)
    Can you get them at Alices Restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    Can you get them at Alices Restaurant
    Anything you want my friend.......except Alice.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Anything you want my friend.......except Alice.
    I thought it was exceptin Alice!

Prepper

Which do you prefer the large or Medium Alice Pack?
    I have both, but find I use the medium mostly. The large tends to pull you backwards and you can easily get carried away with the space and end up packing 40-50 kilos (80-100 lbs.)

I have two LC-1s one medium and one large. I have never had a frame on the medium. I have used it as a "truck" bag for about 10 years or so until just recently when I swapped out for the ILBE. I have used my large Alice quite a bit on weekend trips with the Scouts but I never really liked it as much as I did my Jansport D-4. I agree completely the large Alice really is big and you can sure "slip over the edge" on packing too much stuff very easy...