Thread: Death doth come eventually, Good bye John Graybill

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Death doth come eventually, Good bye John Graybill

Well, I have learned that the two people killed in the plane crash 37 miles north of McGrath last week were my friend the famous outlaw John Graybill, and his wife Dolly who rented office space from me back in the early 80's.

John Graybill was one of the greatest super cub drivers I ever rode with, he could land places that would scare a Mountain Goat. He once landed me on a knife sharp ridge that was so steep he had to hold full power while I jumped out, and pushed the tail of the super cub enough that the plane just fell off the cliff, and he was airborne & going to get my Dall Sheep hunter/client.

John was an "Outlaw" poacher but he was like able, meek, and one hell'of a Super Cub pilot. John was 79 year old, he was one of the very few "Old & Bold" pilots. He died doing what he loved. There was a National Geographic article on John about ten years ago, Rick I am going to try and forward the complete article to your office, as the one on the web is incomplete.

Banned
    Blog Entries

It appears that the complete article is available at Jeff Wise Blog as he wrote the article for National Geographic Magazine.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    It appears that the complete article is available at Jeff Wise Blog as he wrote the article for National Geographic Magazine.
    Here is a link to it
    http://jeffwise.wordpress.com/2010/0...nture-profile/

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post

Thank You..........

Sorry for the loss of your friend. As you say, he went, doing what he loved doing.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Good friends are usually few and far between and losing one is always difficult. I'm sorry for your loss.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Sorry for your loss, and thank you for bring him to our attention.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Sorry for the lose, but in a way you have to admire he went out doing what he loved and he was with his wife, she must have been a special lady also
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related