Thread: New to Recurves: Kota

Default New to Recurves: Kota

I have been wanting to get into traditional archery and wasn't sure which way to go. I have a chance to get a Kota TFX TD recurve, 50# at 29.5 draw length, custom, 62", cocobola handle/birdseye maple limb laminates. I have been able find little information about the bow but what I have found is nothing but good reviews. Tim Finnely hand makes them one at time and they are beautiful bows. Let me hear what you got to say about them. Hope FVR reads this and and gives his opinion.

I can't offer an opinion, other than they sure do look beautiful. http://www.kotabows.com/tfx.htm
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I agree Crash. I can only find a couple of reviews on them besides his website. But I know there are good number of members here who shoot traditional and wouldn't giving some good advice on the Kota.

Blog Entries

Kotas are very fine bows and I would not hesitate to buy one If I was not a bowyer myself. As far as I am aware he has received good reviews from those that have purchased his bows.

His pricing is good for his work as well. I have a few friends that are much higher for the same looks
    Last edited by Erratus Animus; 08-17-2010 at 10:42 PM.