Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Survival Hunting Laws

Quote Originally Posted by SBlakeS View Post
    You made your point. I apologize that I am not as eloquent as you would like me to be. I'm done here.
    Blake, there really is no reason to leave hang out and youll understand why you got some of the replys you got.

I am trying to multi task so im about 10 posts behind ( multi tasking is not a strong point for me) .
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by klickitat View Post
    I really hope that my post helped you. I live, hunt, fish and before being practically outlawed I trapped here in Washington state.
    Very helpful. That was pretty much everything I needed to know. Thanks.

Blake

Well now you've said it. Feel better? I'm not trying to make any enemies here but I don't see what you hoped to accomplish by "saying your piece" after I've already apologized for my reaction.
    I saw it , but i was answering the thread in order of posts. ( cause I don't know how to multi quote )
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Not nessesarily, it would depend on the extent of hunger & how obtainable regular food is.
    No foraging behind McD's?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    1st, the term "RECREATIONAL SURVIVAL" is not a legal term, that's something that's been made up & is an "oxy-moron" created by morons who seem to think that the term "survival" means "EXTREME SPORT!" Actually, it means "LIFE OR DEATH". Shooting any wild animal under this term can result in severe jail time where you will need a whole new set of survival skills. Preserving your chasity will be one of them! However, if you choose to go the route you've previously stated, don't forget the pics, especially the "front and profile" view of your face with the numbers under your chin. I can see it all now:

OFFICER: "Excuse me sir, but do you realize you just shot a wild game animal illegally?"

BLAKE: "It's okay officer, I'm here doing "recreational survival."

OFFICER: "Hmmm, never heard of that one, turn around please & spread your feet apart."

BLAKE: (getting alarmed.) "No, officer, you don't understand, I'm here doing "recreational survival;" don't I have any rights?"

OFFICER: "Absolutely! You have the right to remain silent...."

Good luck.
    Thanks for bringin me down Sarge, here I thought I'd found a loophole.

If I ever get caught poachin I'm just gonna pretend I'm lost. LOL! Make sure I wear raggedy AZZ clothes and rub dirt all over my face. "Thank God you found me officer. I've been wanderin round these woods for weeks."

Geez guys. Blake is here. He is a member of the forum. I'm glad he decided to stay. Let's move on. Nothing to see here.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    I saw it , but i was answering the thread in order of posts. ( cause I don't know how to multi quote )
    Alright, well, I'm off to bed. I'll check back when I get up so I can see the string of threads as you catch up. Again...sorry for my reaction earlier. I hope we can still be friends. And just so you know, I didn't know what numpty meant so I took your advice and looked it up on Google. Here is what I found:

"Someone who (sometimes unwittingly) by speech or action demonstrates a lack of knowledge or misconception of a particular subject or situation to the amusement of others."

I guess that's fair enough. Good night.

Blake

Alright, well, I'm off to bed. I'll check back when I get up so I can see the string of threads as you catch up. Again...sorry for my reaction earlier. I hope we can still be friends. And just so you know, I didn't know what numpty meant so I took your advice and looked it up on Google. Here is what I found:

"Someone who (sometimes unwittingly) by speech or action demonstrates a lack of knowledge or misconception of a particular subject or situation to the amusement of others."

I guess that's fair enough. Good night.

Blake
    Blake I see no reason we cant be friends, Again I am glad you decided to stay , have a good night.

Banned

Blake,
    Its all good as per your question,, I'll just say this, "Its better to be judged by twelve than carried by six"

Welcome to the Forum

Blog Entries

Cool Now that's...

Quote Originally Posted by rwc1969 View Post
    Thanks for bringin me down Sarge, here I thought I'd found a loophole.

If I ever get caught poachin I'm just gonna pretend I'm lost. LOL! Make sure I wear raggedy AZZ clothes and rub dirt all over my face. "Thank God you found me officer. I've been wanderin round these woods for weeks."
    Now that's funny, I don't care who you are! Yep, dude's gonna fit right in, that's for sure. Found a loophole & didn't even need Ken's help! That's cool!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Ok, so if you were in a life and death survival situation, and you killed animals out of season, would you still be punished for your crimes? Or could you get your crimes pardoned if you could prove to the court system that you were actually in a survival situation?
    Does anyone even know an answer to this question?

Quote Originally Posted by justin_baker View Post
    Ok, so if you were in a life and death survival situation, and you killed animals out of season, would you still be punished for your crimes? Or could you get your crimes pardoned if you could prove to the court system that you were actually in a survival situation?
    I'm sure every state is different but my boys just took their hunter's safety course and I sat in as well. The instructor mentioned a law where if your actions are to insure your survival, it isnt a crime however you still may be fined. His instructions were to then contest the fine and argue your case to a judge. If the judge believes you were in a survival situation, the case will be thrown out.

A forest ranger is making rounds in a remote part of the wooded reserve when he comes across an unkempt man, sitting at a makeshift campfire. To the ranger's horror, the man is eating a fish and a bald eagle.
    He immediately arrests the man and puts him in jail. The following morning, the man appears before the Judge.

"Are you aware that eating a Bald Eagle is a federal offense?" asks the Judge.

"Yes, I am," replies the man, "but please allow me to explain what happened."

"You may proceed," instructs the Judge.

"I was lost in the woods and hadn't had anything real to eat for two weeks," explains the man. "I was so hungry, I was eating plants to stay alive."

"Then one day, I arrive at a lake. I see a Bald Eagle swooping down to the water and flying away with a fish in its talons. I thought, 'if I startled the Eagle, maybe I could steal the fish.'"

"Low and behold, the eagle lighted upon a nearby tree stump to eat the fish. So, I picked up a rock and threw it. I meant to hit the stump and startle the bird. I hoped he would drop the fish and fly away."

"Unfortunately, in my weakened condition, my aim was off. The rock hit the eagle squarely on his poor little head, and killed it. I agonized over what had happened, but I figured that since it was dead I might as well eat it."

The Judge says he will take a recess to analyze the defendant's statement. Fifteen minutes later, the Judge returns.

"Due to the extreme circumstances, and because you did not intend to kill the eagle, the court will dismiss the charges." The Judge then leans over the bench and whispers, "If you don't mind my asking, what does a bald eagle taste like?"

"Well, Your Honor, it's a little difficult to explain," the defendant says. "The best way I can describe it is to say that it's far more tender than a California Condor, but the meat is quite bland compared to a Spotted Owl."

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Not if the judge was a member of PETA!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by lucznik
    ...in a given (true) survival situation a particular State might elect not to prosecute for Game and Fish violations that were committed without criminal intent during the event. However, such leniency would be decided on a case-by-case basis, would rely heavily on the individual disposition of the assigned prosecuting attorney [and/or judge], and should never be expected or relied upon.
    Asked and answered.

As a rule, if you break the law (irrespective of the motivation), you should plan on paying your "debt to society." If you get off with less, then consider it a happy bonus.

My guess is that here in Indiana you'd be fined no matter what. Where ever you get lost you can walk about 1000 yards in any direction and find a road. With the exception of just a handful of locations wilderness around here is driving six blocks and not passing a Stabucks.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

Maybe this is why we never seen Bear kill any game species ? LOL

Camp, I don't understand how they can say it isn't a crime but still fine you. I'll tell you all, if I'm in that situation, it ain't going to matter to me what the law says. I think that there is one of them moot points.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Camp, I don't understand how they can say it isn't a crime but still fine you. I'll tell you all, if I'm in that situation, it ain't going to matter to me what the law says. I think that there is one of them moot points.
    I saw pictures of one of them points once. It was pretty cool the way it was all filled with water and surrounded the castle.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I saw pictures of one of them points once. It was pretty cool the way it was all filled with water and surrounded the castle.
    and holy snappin aa....lligators?
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"