Thread: Official Introduction

Default Official Introduction

Hi there, I am female, age 58 living in northeast Alabama. Anyone else from the south?

I have been studying survival, wild edibles, emergency water sources, etc for about 3 years now.

Everytime I think I am prepared pretty well, i run across something on the web that makes me re-think it. LOL

I have a prtially ready homestead here with my hubby (wood burning stove, etc) but want to do more.

My best piece of survival advice is to print out everything you learn about survival via the internet, I have referred to my books that I have compiled more than once.

While we have it, it's wise to utilize it.

Welcome esp, it's nice to have you.

Hello and welcome.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool Hi & Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by esp View Post
    My best piece of survival advice is to print out everything you learn about survival via the internet, I have referred to my books that I have compiled more than once.
    Thank you for your intro. Yes, it's great to have things written & printed; you sound like my wife in that regard.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Banned
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum........

Welcome Esp. There are a bunch of members down South. Most seem to be in GA/FL, but we have many in Louisiana, KY, NC, SC, etc.
    Not all who wander are lost - Tolkien

Thanks all! I lived in NC for 3 years before moving here to AL, they have some awesome wild places to snap photos of wildflowers, plants, go back home and get on the web, and see if any are usuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Thank you for your intro. Yes, it's great to have things written & printed; you sound like my wife in that regard.
    well, I don't theink the internet is here forever.... so old fashioned printed out material that can be read when needed will be very valuable. Especially if you organize the pages with a table of context for easy referencing.

Wise woman, your wife!

Welcome home. The down side of printed material is today's acid based paper does not live forever. In fact, it's life is relatively short lived. Yesterday's books with cloth pages can last for hundreds or thousands of years. Today's paper only a few decades.

I happened to be in a library this week that had 7000 volumes of first editions dated mid-1800s. It was pretty spectacular. The room was neither heated nor cooled. Cloth books will acclimate to the environment that they are stored in while paper will just die in short order under those same conditions.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Hi from Miami. Can't get much further south than that (besides the keys)

You will like it. There is about 498,368 years of combined knowledge here. There is also a lot of fun.
    Rudy
    http://www.rudyumans.com
    The 2011 Everglades landscape/wildlife calenders are out. visit:
    http://www.zazzle.com/rudyumans

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome n enjoy!
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

A quest for knowledge is never complete.

The only easy day was yesterday.