Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Knife/Survival Knife Info.

Default SOG Revolver

Came across this knife in a google search. Aside from being made of Aus 8 stainless (as opposed to good ol' carbon steel), this knife looks great! Should be among the top 5 for people considering their first survival knife.

4 3/4" blade
    underside guard
    about 1/6" thick blade
    lightweight
    SOG brand

http://www.bestknives.com/sogresere.html
    http://www.britishblades.com/home/ar...showarticle=55
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

Blog Entries

Cool Hey!

Don't knock the Aus 8 SS, okay? My Ka-bar uses it!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Default Size

looking in a store that had a few knifes and looked in the survival knife section and saw a incrediabley small knife i mean the size of a double aa battery does anyone know the purpose of a knife this small i mean really

probably to add to an emergency kit or a "pen knife" just for cheap, light, easy. I've seen a small switchblade knife, that was a giveaway at some advertising convention, in an emergency kit.
    WARNING: This post may contain abusive language, textual violence, & a tendency to walk the line.
    This information is confidential and intended for the recipient exclusively. If you are not the recipient please notify the poster immediately and destroy the received post. Any non-member viewer of the private information contained within this post will incur a fee of no more than $25 plus legal costs. By reading this you acknowledge the above and consent to me hunting on your property.

Blog Entries

Cool Well now...

My "Swiss Army Card" has a very small knife blade on it, but it could be of some use in an emergency.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I have several pen knives. My Old Timer goes everywhere with me and it isn't much larger than a AA battery. A good utility knife for opening packages, cutting string and the 1001 other uses is just good to have around even if it isn't a survival situation.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

That's one that is discussed in Build the Perfect Survival Kit. He considers it an important multi-use tool.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I'm not too keen on those little saws, rather prefer a simple fixed.
    Earth - love it or leave it.

FireSteel.com

Yep, they have their places. Even a small one can be just what you need when there is nothing else available.

FireSteel.com

Blog Entries

I agree RR, Right On!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Serrations can have their place, though.

FireSteel.com

Blog Entries

Cool Agreed, but....

Quote Originally Posted by RobertRogers View Post
    Serrations can have their place, though.
    We don't need another thread on this topic, it's been done to death!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Why don't you move it to one of the other threads. In fact, consolidating them might not be a bad idea.

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you asked...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Why don't you move it to one of the other threads. In fact, consolidating them might not be a bad idea.
    I seem to be having a problem doing that.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

In the admin section click Threads and Post then Move. You'll have a menu to select the post. The move button is at the bottom. Or.... just delete the whole thread. There really isn't much in it that needs to be moved.

Mitch posted a nice write up on it. "It's a bit shorter than a Lapplander but I never found that to be a problem."

Blog Entries

Talking I'm getting it!

Okay, I just merged 5 knife threads and will be adding the newest one to it
    1 I'm getting the hang of it!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Thanx!

I've got it! Just figured it out!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Hello, I never did see the rules of this forum so I hope I don't break one on my first post.

The SOG Hunter Revolver is my baby .........I carry it every where and it has performed some pretty amazing things for me in the last four years since it came out.

Thanks guys for the kind words and mentions of the SOG Revolver knife.

Mitch.chesney, I really like your blog !

Robbie Roberson.

Thanks Robbie. Always enjoy to hear from people who read it.