Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Knife/Survival Knife Info.

New here and first post but I wanted to tell Larry that he is over doing it.
    Now personally, I carry a Leatherman wave, Leatherman knife [with the screwdriver, can opener and carabeaner & belt clip] and a gerber neck knife in the pocket. On my keys i have two led flashlights.
    I'd carry more but my pants fall down..

i carry the special edition wave , a micra , a buck folding knife, a machette, and a few other knives whenever im hiking or backwoods camping , i need advice on what survival knife to buy though?
    This member asked that their user name be changed. They acknowledged that most of what they have posted in the past was less than truthful. Hence the reason for the signature post.

whoa i love that knife! i think ill buy one lol it looks soo coo, if your going for strong ones go gerber or buck, the one you chose is so awsome though , it looks very sturdy and well made great choice!

HOLY ****!!!! i didnt see the price of it , cant be very sturdy for that price but WOW is it cheep heck i think ill buy a dozen or so lol

i need a good survival knife 2 i live close to a wholesale sports so i have plenty of selection and i have lotsa money (i bought a 250$ cowboy style hat on impulse, aswell as a pin striped suit lolz) so iv got like 300 or so to spend on it, what kind should i get?

I guess it depends on what you think you will need for survival. I have a Kershaw D2 and a Kabar on the BOB. The D2 is like a small machete but thick enough to beat on or cut a fair tree down. I think a survival knife is something that is small and has as many uses as possible, ie: your wave. I like the Leatherman knives but I think the D2 is what you're looking for.

well if im goin out for a long time i usually take my collection of knives , sharpenin them passes alot of time, they include 2 cold steel folding knives , 1 gerber folding knife , 2 of the earlier unnamed leatherman tools, 3 copies of the combat knife i invented, its 4' shark tooth blade coated in black teflon with a clip and safety built it , the special feature im very proud of is the opening device , i call it a flip knife , you flick your wrist and the blade pops out with a loud snap, like a legal switchblade, a few unnamed folders and a straight razor.

Got any pics of those knives of yours? I'm always looking for something to add to the collection... [just don't tell the wife, she figured out I'm not really opening a butcher shop.]

lol , sure ill take some 2moro , you interested in my custom ones ? they'r a very small negotiable price (in other words the max your willing to pay lol) the leathermans arnt for sale i collect em so far i have 7 and i havnt bought the 'juice' model yet

Yeah, I'd like to see your custom knives. I've got too many multitools as it is and probably 40 pocket knives [ including dads and grandpas] along with 8 or so machetes. We won't even get into the number of flashlights, lanterns and radios.

The wife complained until I counted her shoes and jewelry boxes... now she just gives me "that look" when the ups truck pulls up.

lol i could rly use a lantern or good flashlight , maby once you see the knife we could arrange a trade? since you have excess lolz,

i found this one web site selling a survival knife for 500 they had pics of it going threw sheet metal it was a sweet knifei will try to find the site again.

I know people who think THIS is a good one

But the mumma of all knives ive used is THIS

But for me i use my old faithfull one

Quote Originally Posted by WildGoth View Post
    it was a good site but not many choices in the way of survival knifes
    what do you mean? any knife can be a survival knife.

Blog Entries

Take your pick.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I'm comfy with all of these.

Cool collection, can i ask how you got that one 1st down in the third pic ?

Blog Entries

They are both Kabars. The bottom one is a MK2 that I've had since I was 13. I've taken it all over the world with me.

The knife above is the New Age Kabar. I have not taken it anywhere. Yet. I won an ebay auction for it. Saved a bit of money.

The flint knapped knife is what I call Caveman Kabars. I've made two and have given them away. The one I'm working on now is a bit bigger.

that is amazing how did you make it

Blog Entries

Making the knives are kind of easy. I look through my stash of rock and find some that look like a knife blade. Then start knapping. I will use my deer antler hammer to get the rough form, then I will use my handy little river rock to further shape the blade. Then I will start flaking the blade and thinning out the area that will go into the handle.

They are not as pretty as most out there but I can tell you one thing, they will last alot longer. The one shown, the back of the blade is a little over a half inch thick.

I just finished a little dagger that I'm sending to a good friend.

i think a swiss army knife is good