Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1395

Thread: Knife/Survival Knife Info.

Quote Originally Posted by Camp
    You can also see that the buyer ordered the camo version
    (Wink) The buyer.....yeah.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    (Wink) The buyer.....yeah.
    Yeah, the buyer...I was way to young to buy a knife when these things were new!

I should just save to notepad this answer.

I have my knife selection and you have yours. What I have works for me in the bush. (I got pictures)

If your knife works for you, GREAT.

If you show a pic of your new knife and tell me it's the best knife ever,; you should do pushups.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

At this stage in life pushups are pretty easy. My fingers just barely touch the floor. I only have to roll back and forth a little. Imagine an exercise ball and you'll have the idea.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

I suggest a good Mora knife....
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I purchased this Bark River Bravo-1 a few months ago. So far it seems well made and the sheath is made of kydex with a fire steel carry loop mounted on the side. Here is a quick picture that I took in the backyard right after it arrived. I will get some more pictures posted as soon as I can get it to the field.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    "Life's goal should not be to show up at your final resting spot in a well rested, well preserved body ready to pass on.... But rather sliding in side ways late for your own passing, tired, beaten down and yelling holy $hit what a ride!!!!!"

Good looking knife.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I see they've started using Crashcarta for their scales.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I should just save to notepad this answer.

I have my knife selection and you have yours. What I have works for me in the bush. (I got pictures)

If your knife works for you, GREAT.

If you show a pic of your new knife and tell me it's the best knife ever,; you should do pushups.
    But what if your knife does not work for you, and you just don't know the difference due to never having the perfect knife, like we do?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKMASTER View Post
    I purchased this Bark River Bravo-1 a few months ago. So far it seems well made and the sheath is made of kydex with a fire steel carry loop mounted on the side. Here is a quick picture that I took in the backyard right after it arrived. I will get some more pictures posted as soon as I can get it to the field.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Well let's see if it passes my "3 absolutes" test:

1.) Great quality steel...CHECK!

2.) RH 54 to 58...CHECK!

3.) Priced under a hundred bucks!...NO!

Pretty knife...pretty expensive that is, I can buy three or four Becker's for the price of one of those.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    Well let's see if it passes my "3 absolutes" test:

1.) Great quality steel...CHECK!

2.) RH 54 to 58...CHECK!

3.) Priced under a hundred bucks!...NO!

Pretty knife...pretty expensive that is, I can buy three or four Becker's for the price of one of those.
    Well since this one doesn't pass your "3" absolutes test I will see if I can snap a few pictures to post of my old K-Bar that I carried when I was in the Corps. That should pass.
    "Life's goal should not be to show up at your final resting spot in a well rested, well preserved body ready to pass on.... But rather sliding in side ways late for your own passing, tired, beaten down and yelling holy $hit what a ride!!!!!"

Yeah, that one just cost 4 years.

Blog Entries

Cool Here's a "good-un."

Better yet, I could buy 5 or 6 of these! I got one and this is my favorite!

http://www.safezonellc.com/mora2000.html
    Last edited by Sarge47; 02-15-2011 at 08:29 AM.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

There is a lot to say on this topic but I'll just suggest that you get you a good american made knife, "orginal american made" Old Timer sheath knife, a Puukko knife is good, the bush type mora knives are good, plenty of good knives. Buy a solid knife. I have been in the woods all of my life and have made a career in the woods and have used many knives. My choice of knives is Randall Made Knives, out of Orlando Florida. Yes they are expensive, but they are the best and they have a model for whatever you are looking for. But you don't have to spend a lot of money. The Kabar is a good example. Mora and Puukka are very resonable. I have also used Buck, Case, and Old Timer. Get a good knife, keep it sharp and don't use it for things that it is not intended for. ( I have never had to "baton"!) Good Luck,

Ride, Shoot Straight, Speak the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle78 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I too have a survival kit problem. I have a master list that would probably fit into a small day pack. Lately though I have been developing a kit in a coffee can. I can describe it later if anyone is interested but on to my problem. It is what type of knife/tool should I put in the kit. I own a leatherman Wave that I carry all the time (even to church) and I have both wenger and victornx SAK(Both carry tidentical gear. Large lock blade, wood saw, philips and flathead drivers, awl). What are some of your opinions out there? Folding vs fixed? Multi tool (leatherman) vs Knife (SAK)?
    For years I have seen and heard folks talking about their survival kits and when you look at them, you would think they are packing for a month long vacation. A survival kit should be designed so that it is compact enough to have with you at all times just in case you need it unexpectedly, not as big as a backpack or even a "coffee can" Nothing wrong with using a backpack or coffee can as long as you plan on it being with you everywhere you go, but what happens when you are at church or somewhere else that you simply won't take them along with you. Design your kit small enough so that it can go anywhere with you. In your kit you need a means to make fire - ferro rod, or butane lighter (notice I didn't say "BIC"), and some tinder such as vaseline soaked cotton balls wrapped in aluminum foil, water purification tablets and a means to collect water such as a non lubricated condom or foldable pouch such as a heavy duty ziplock bag. Shelter such as a space blanket or plastic sheet, or a large contractor sized garbage bag. A small fishing kit with a few assorted hooks, splitshot sinkers, fishing line, flies, and a small jig (twigs can be used as a bobber). 4 feet or so of snare wire. Extras can include sewing needles and thread (I prefer dental floss), a small LED light small enough to hang on your keychain, some hard candy or sugar packets. And last but not least a good knife. My kit contains an ESEE Izula which is a small fixed blade knife that is very high quality and guaranteed for life. The Izula is about 6 inches long with a blade slightly less than 3 inches long and made of 1095 carbon steel. All of this can fit in a small pouch that will fit on my belt or in a jacket pocket and be with me everywhere I go just in case. I too have backpack kits and various other larger kits, but they go with me only when I can take them. The small kit allows me to have a kit all the time.
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp