Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100# of BOL "SURVIVAL" Nails.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default 100# of BOL "SURVIVAL" Nails.

Have started hoarding survival nails, picked up another 100 pounds of 16d coated sinkers. You can hoard Gold, I'll hoard something useful.

See? This is the part I hate about hoarding. There is just no end to it. I've got boxes of nails and deck screws and fence staples and wire fence and .....
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    Have started hoarding survival nails, picked up another 100 pounds of 16d coated sinkers. You can hoard Gold, I'll hoard something useful.
    Dont forget a hammer or ten
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    Dont forget a hammer or ten

Hell, I got "TACK-DRIVERS" I don't need no hammer. All my firearms can drive tacks at 300 Yards.

Actually....on Top Shot the other night they really did have a tac driver. Literally. I thought of you.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

LOL, I have a lot of fasteners, as well, always seem to be in the wrong location.
    Problem with a BOL, is that you end up with double of everything as a minimum.

Good tip though..............
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I have a friend who put away fishing hooks and sewing needles to barter with.

Hopefully them nails don't go sour on you, or get outdated, or filled with pantry moths, or...

Good reminder, I always see odds and ends of nails, screws, etc at yard sales. Makes sense to pick them up at low prices to "just have them" (not that I have been doing it, but will now)
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rwc1969 View Post
    Hopefully them nails don't go sour on you, or get outdated, or filled with pantry moths, or...

Would you believe I still have 50# boxes of 16d common from my homestead 40 years ago. Even if the box decomposes, I just shovel them into a plastic bucket with some 1/16" holes in the bottom.

That's why I've been collecting footware for like ever. You know, in case I need to barter later.

Yeah, barter, that's the ticket.

Would you believe I still have 50# boxes of 16d common from my homestead 40 years ago. Even if the box decomposes, I just shovel them into a plastic bucket with some 1/16" holes in the bottom.
    as a investment I wonder how the numbers work out? a box of nails would cost more now.

Every time I've worked on a project I've always bought more than I needed. I have several shelves of framing, roofing and wood trim nails as well as desk screws out the wazoo. Same goes with staples from 1/4 inch to fencing. Every time I find a rogue washer or lock washer or nut/bolt laying around it goes in my pocket and gets sorted into my drawer of screws or bolts. I may not have enough to build the Titanic but it keeps me going and I seldom have to run to town to buy some weird sized whatsit. If nothing else, the boys will have a nice supply of antique nails.

Talking

Sourdough,you really need to get out and mingle with people

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
    Sourdough,you really need to get out and mingle with people
    Send Women............Me mingle...........

Cute, real cute!!!!

Hell, I got "TACK-DRIVERS" I don't need no hammer. All my firearms can drive tacks at 300 Yards.
    Cool in that case stock up on survival caulk youll need it to fill the counter sink holes from your tack drivers.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

I had about a 50# box of screws, nails, etc. and let it go last year for a few bucks at a garage sale. Now I could really use them, didn't need them for years, but I had to let most of my tools and stuff go too, so....but, I kept most of my woodworking and carpentry stuff along with a few tools for wrenching on the riceburner.

Default Storehouses

I bought several of the "Storehouses" offered by Harbor Freight, nuts and bolts, screws, nails, O-rings, roll pins, cotter pins, etc. They have dozens of them. Nice and tidy in plastic boxes, assorted sizes. Handy to have when you have to fix it yourself