Thread: Pics of our 5 month old filly named QT

Default Pics of our 5 month old filly named QT

Here are a few pics of QT. She is out of Mel stud Sky and our mare PT.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Proof of a higher power, is the power of a horses stride. Line for line, grace and majesty, taking me for a ride.

The flies were bothering her really bad before I put the fly mask on her. I thought it was a nice shot of both of them putting their heads together. Momma and daughter.
    Proof of a higher power, is the power of a horses stride. Line for line, grace and majesty, taking me for a ride.

Blog Entries

Sooooo, definitely Buckskin then!!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Beautiful horses! yeah wow! the flies are bad. Come to think of it I haven't seen any to speak of this year around here...Makes me think maybe the fly spray was attracting them? I haven't used it this year.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Banned

Cute Horse,,,,

(I hate Flies ! felt like swatting my screen )

There is some fly bait called "Golden Malrin" it works VERY well,, maybe that will help a little ?

They are beautiful animals! You are so lucky to have them.

Thanks guys. She is something else. She is pretty good sized for a 5 month old foal. I am hoping to wean her off of mom in the next 2 weeks.

What a Coincidence!!!! I happen to be named Mel...Have a stud I call Sky,(His FULL name is my username)...... And have a mare and Foal that are IDENTICAL to those!!!

Oh wait..... You're my "other Half" aren't you? Sheesh.... I forget EVERYTHING!!

You got that right! she is sturdy!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

CS, The Dam has "Impressive" on her papers. That may help explain the sturdiness of her build. We are giving SERIOUS consideration to training her for Halter classes in shows. Both Are HYPP N/N BTW.

Poco,

I am not that versed on what all the abbreviations mean...But good to see her in such fine shape! Here is a thread you probably missed. Take a look!

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...=horses&page=2

Fine looking horses.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thanks everyone. She is a great blessing to have around.

Two fine looking Horses, Thanks for sharing.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYSURVIVAL View Post
    Poco,

I am not that versed on what all the abbreviations mean...But good to see her in such fine shape! Here is a thread you probably missed. Take a look!

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...=horses&page=2
    CS HYPP stands for HYper kalemic Periodic Paralysis. A genetic disease that was traced back to the Quarter Horse "Impressive". The N/N means that they do not carry this genetic trait. When talking about this disease you will also see H/N and H/H. H/N means that that horse does not have the disease but carries the gene, H/H Means that the horse both has the disease and carries the Gene. No Breeding should be done with a horse that has either the H/N or H/H genetic factors. N/N means that that horse neither has the disease, nor carries the gene. These are the ONLY horses tracing lineage back to Impressive that can be safely bred. Also The AQHA will now NOT accept any horse for Registration that has either the h/h or n/h genetic code. This is to help insure that this disease is eradicated. HYPP is a disease that is kinda' like Epilepsy.... But in some ways worse than Epilepsy. Very little can be done for a horse that has HYPP,and what treatment that is available is very costly, and only somewhat effective. Most Vets would advise that the best thing in most cases, would be to put the horse down.

Unfortunately, "Impressive" (as his name suggests), really was an impressive horse. Some people will still breed a horse knowing full well that the disease can be passed on. Why? So they can win shows... no other reason. Instead of searching for a hard to find HYPP n/n, They will breed ANYTHING that has "Impressive" in the line.

We were very fortunate. Our Vet GAVE us the mare. She knew that we would take her and care for her. We might breed her again, but that remains to be seen.

Ok got it yeah I was aware of the disease just not the breeding lingo. Did you check out the thread I posted you?

Yeah, I saw it...just wasn't sure of the final outcome. There is no sense in letting an animal get in that shape. If you can't care for an animal...you shouldn't have it. Don't matter if we are talking about an aquarium with a single Goldfish....or an elephant. I also think the LEO's owe you Boarding fees. JMO