Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have Nextdoor Neighbours

Blog Entries

Default I have Nextdoor Neighbours

Until a few weeks ago I lived in relative isolation, the cottage adjoining mine being a wreck. It has been done up now and a family have moved in. Oh dear, I can see rows in the future. 3 generations of unmarried women, 3 children and 2 untrained dogs that bark and howl at all hours, loud music 'til all hours. The dogs are so bad they are shut outside and I'm beginning to wonder if the kids are the same. I'm now on lockdown. Anything that can be moved is locked away the gate has been reinforced and I think I may have to electrify the fencing to protect the girls.
    I hate to do it, but I'm going to have to have a word with them and hope they're reasonable people. Somehow I don't think so.
    Hey ho, these things come to try us......
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Neighbors can be a blessing, or a curse, that's for sure. I have a neighbor who enjoys playing the drums, fortunately during waking hours only. But I've got 4 sets of great neighbors, and we all watch out for each other.

I hope it goes well for you, Winnie!
    Not all who wander are lost - Tolkien

Are they renting or have the purchased the place? If they are renting then you can appeal to the landlord if face-to-face doesn't work.

Hopefully, they aren't letting the mongrels run loose. Surely you have a leash law.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

They are renting from the same landlord as me, I don't want to resort to complaining to him until I've tried direct diplomatic negotiations. It's a shame, I was looking forward to having neighbours.
    Oh and no disrespect to the Beagle owners here, but thats what the dogs are.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

I like the direct approach, personally. Whenever I've had an issue with a neighbor, which is pretty rare, fortunately, I always address it man to man and expect the same from them. Woman to woman would be good. Good luck. Hopefully they are civilized and will be reasonable. Just as a side note. We have an old cannon on board the F.A.R.T. boat. It doesn't go boom anymore but it does a pretty good fizzle pop. Let us know if you need it.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Will do! I'm going to pop round this evening, take a cake and try and play nice.

sweet...hopefully it works
    Proof of a higher power, is the power of a horses stride. Line for line, grace and majesty, taking me for a ride.

Banned

Find a few Bikers and throw them a Beer party,, casually mention to your party guests that your new neighbors are bugging you, Let THEM go talk to them

Turn the girls loose on them.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    3 generations of unmarried women,..

Some people have all the luck.........

Blog Entries

Sourdough! send over the "Thundering herd of attack Geese"! The girls may need back-up.
    Last edited by Winnie; 07-20-2010 at 11:40 AM.

Winnie, if your lovely cake doesn't work with the wankers, next time you bring a cake over to them lace it with something to make life miserable for them. I've used Exlax in the past.
    I know what hunts you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    Winnie, if your lovely cake doesn't work with the wankers, next time you bring a cake over to them lace it with something to make life miserable for them. I've used Exlax in the past.
    Haha. Phenolpthaline is much better. Gives the most awful griping stomach pains, then the world drops out of your bottom.

Diplomacy first!

Making self a note. Never eat anything from Sarky or Winnie. This is sad. I'm losing so many food sources. (sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This is sad. I'm loosing so many food sources. (sigh)
    If you eat something from Sarky or Winnie, things very well could be loose!
    Not all who wander are lost - Tolkien

Winnie, that sounds like the potato whitening we used to use.It works great for keeping peeled potaos from browing but would make you think you were going to die if one of the smart a$$es in the kitchen put a drop or two in your coffee.
    Joe
    Red meat is good for you.Its the green furry meat you have to worry about.

Blog Entries

Not sure about that Stargazer. I've used as an indicator in acid/basic titrations.

Anywho, I've been round and, well, I played nice. However the two who were there obviously didn't have the family braincell today. They think the dogs behaviour is cute and funny. I did ask if they could keep the dogs in 'til 7am but apparently that would mean the daughter and her baby being alone in the house with the dogs?? They have however agreed to tone down the loud music. They didn't realise it travelled through the walls. I did mention the dogs must be kept in their garden. That's not going to be a problem from this weekend as they're having a 6ft fance erected to keep them in, the dogs have run off a few times so I was told. So at least the family are taking some sort of responsibility. All in all the visit was fairly constructive and I'm hopeful that even though we'll never be bosom buddies, at least there's no animosity.

And if that doesn't work, squash 'em like a grape!

I live in a suburb. The lot next to mine never got developed, the guy has a little farm in his backyard. He likes to get dig holes and stuff in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT with his giant spot lights turned on. Kinda creepy.

You should witch his holes in the day time. That should freak HIM out.