Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Pour Diagrams the Ratios of Fancy Coffee Drinks

Banned

Default The Perfect Pour Diagrams the Ratios of Fancy Coffee Drinks

The Perfect Pour Diagrams the Ratios of Fancy Coffee Drinks

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Not every coffee shop has space on its menu chalkboard to explain the contents of their gazillion drinks with exotic names. Design firm Plaid Creative illustrates how much of each thing goes into coffee shop favorites, along with more obscure recipes.

We've pointed to a similar coffee drink graphic before, but to each their own. Lokesh Dhakar's coffee diagram shows the volumes of each drink ingredient as vertical stacks, while Creative Plaid uses radial ratios to carve out the numbers.

While you're drooling over what you can make at home, or what the spot around the corner offers, keep in mind how caffeine affects your mind and work. > http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ad.php?t=12762

A Guide to the Complex World of Coffee [via FlowingData]
    Send an email to Kevin Purdy, the author of this post, at kevin@lifehacker.com.
    Last edited by Justin Case; 07-19-2010 at 11:30 AM. Reason: addlink

JIC - you've got entirely too much time on your hands.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    JIC - you've got entirely too much time on your hands.
    Its sad isnt it ?

Hummph,, I for one will print and add to my BOB. In the event of a a world altering event, there is no need to be uncivilized
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

I like mine coffee flavored. I dont even know how to order a coffee at that one place..just give me a medium black coffee please!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pal334 View Post
    Hummph,, I for one will print and add to my BOB. In the event of a a world altering event, there is no need to be uncivilized
    LOL,, Now thats what I'm Talkin about,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Camp10 View Post
    I like mine coffee flavored. I dont even know how to order a coffee at that one place..just give me a medium black coffee please!
    That would probably cost ya 5 "Bucks" ,,

Quote Originally Posted by Pal334 View Post
    Don't forget to drink it with your pinkie sticking out. Not doing so would be considered uncouth.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Don't forget to drink it with your pinkie sticking out. Not doing so would be considered uncouth.
    I am going to make my Air Force friends take back what they have been saying about the Navy. You guys really do have couth
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

Blog Entries

Here, Justin, let me help:

A "Measure" refers to one filling from the Coffee Grinder.

A "Pass" refers to the one controlled amount of water that is passed through the ground coffee beans in the removable container in the Coffee Maker.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.Black Coffee

Small black coffee - served in a small cup using one Measure and one Pass of water, and is called either a Bica, Expresso, or just, Café

Small black coffee with less water - one Measure and half a Pass of water, and is called an Italiana or Bica Curto.

Weaker small black coffee - one Measure and two Passes of water, and is called a Bica cheia.

Small black coffee in a cold cup - very popular in Lisbon and is a normal Bica and is called a Chávena Fria.

Small black coffee in a hot cup - also popular in Lisbon and is a normal Bica and is called a Chávena Quente.

Small weaker coffee - half a Measure with one Pass of water, and is called a Carioca or a Bica Fraca.

Double black coffee in a cup - using two Measures and one Pass of water, and it is called a Bica Dupla.

Cold coffee in a tumbler glass - one Measure and one Pass of water, in a glass full of ice and a slice of lemon with sugar already added. This is called a Mazagram.

A small black decaffeinated coffee - served with a small cup, hot water, sugar, and a decaffinated coffee in a packet, and is called Café Descafeinado, or, Descafeinado Solúvel.

A small black coffee with a measure of alcohol (brandy) - using one Measure and one Pass of water, and is called Bica com Cheirinho.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.Coffee and Milk

Coffee with hot milk to add in a tea-sized cup - using one Measure and one Pass of water, and is called Café com Leite Apart or Serviço de Café.

Coffee with some hot frothed milk in a tea-sized cup - this is called an Abatanado.

Batido de Café - a form of coffee milkshake, often made from a variety of ingredients. An exotic example made contain chocolate and extract of banana besides the basic coffee and cold milk.

Half coffee and half hot milk in a tea-sized cup - using one Measure and one Pass of water, and is called Meia de Leite, and sometimes Café com Leite.

A Cappucino - a small black coffee served in a tea-sized cup usually served with whipped cream or with machine frothed milk.

More hot milk than coffee in a tumbler glass - using one Measure and one Pass of water, and is called Galăo.

A small black coffee with a drop of hot milk - using one Measure and one Pass of water, and is called Bica Pingada, or sometimes just Pingo.

A small black coffee with cream and a measure of any whisky or brandy - using one Measure and one Pass of water, and is called an Irish Coffee.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Banned

wow, thats too High Falootin for me, just a cup of Coffee with the properly measured amount of cream and sugar ( a "Dash"), is about as technical as I get

Blog Entries

About 6 months ago, an vacant coffee shop in town (a Dunkin Donuts wannabe) was re-opened as a sandwich and pastry shop. I stopped there today for the first time. the roast beef on honey wheat (with lettuce, tomato, onion, and provolone) was good, but nothing to write home about. (Wait a minute - I AM writing home about it right now. )

HOWEVER, I got an iced coffee and I have to say that it was about the best I've ever tasted.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

I kinda miss being able to go someplace and say " I just need a cup of coffee" and thats what ya got, now when ya ask for one you have 20 choices, slow roast, breakfast blend, french, columbian, ETC ETC. too many choices and I never like what I get so I stay away from the coffee houses.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    HOWEVER, I got an iced coffee and I have to say that it was about the best I've ever tasted.
    I thought about making that today,, never made it before, may do it tomorrow?

Blog Entries

My favorite is still espresso. Full 8 oz. mug with 5 teaspoons of sugar (did you catch that, BENESSE?) and a tiny sliver of lemon peel.

I use this brand:

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    I kinda miss being able to go someplace and say " I just need a cup of coffee" and thats what ya got, now when ya ask for one you have 20 choices, slow roast, breakfast blend, french, columbian, ETC ETC. too many choices and I never like what I get so I stay away from the coffee houses.
    Okay, here's a confession. My coffee maker has one of those stainless steel carafe pots. Keeps coffee hot about 12 hours, and keeps it fresh for 3 days. Guess how I know that.....
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    I thought about making that today,, never made it before, may do it tomorrow?
    What????????
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    I'm with ya......I use to drive trucks, long distance, and getting coffee was like this...

Waitress-Coffee?
    Me-Yes, please.
    Waitress poors coffee into cup.

(Cream and sugar were on the table......if you wanted it in your coffee, you put some in there.)
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    What????????
    Nope,, only tasted it once, it was good, I think it had some Kaluah in it

A turbo ice with dark roast, cream and sugar from Dunkin donuts is one of the best iced coffees I have had.

For those of you from less learned environments ; A shot of expresso in a regular coffee (in this case dark roast) over ice.