Thread: Surviving the media frenzy

Default Surviving the media frenzy

You've been watching the news lately right?

It's one of those "there I was" stories.

So, "there I was" getting a little exercise in downtown Atlanta. It's 98 F without the heat index and, I'm about spent. Well, I turn a corner and it doesn't look good. I've just entered a black panther event and the looks / body language aren't good.

One of those: Oh crap time for a decision moments. Turn around or keep going?

I just smiled and kept going. I didn't push my luck and return the same way.

I don't know where things are headed but, I know they aren't good right now and I don't think the media is helping.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

AH, the smell of tear gas in the morning. Clears the sinus and gets the body moving. I got stuck for a few days in a bldg. in DC and it ain't fun. They had full auto weapons in DC back then and the LEOs didn't do squat. Toughest gun laws, maybe for me but not for them. I just don't bother with larger cities anymore, good luck.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

A friend of mine says : "things are going to get worse. That it will take a disturbance to implement new rules". I can see what he's talking about. What do you think?

I don't think it can get much worse than the '60s. We made it through that. A little worse for wear but we made it.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I don't think it can get much worse than the '60s. We made it through that. A little worse for wear but we made it.
    The problem is - so many of the folks that were causing the problems of the 60's are in charge now.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yeah, but fortunately at our age we've forgotten what the hell we were protesting.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    The problem is - so many of the folks that were causing the problems of the 60's are in charge now.
    Ironic,huh? The group that was against "the man" and didnt want the government in any of their business has now grown the government to be involved in every step of our lives.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Default Much More

Quote Originally Posted by Camp10 View Post
    Ironic,huh? The group that was against "the man" and didnt want the government in any of their business has now grown the government to be involved in every step of our lives.
    Best I remember it was against the Vietnam war by radicals and draft exempt nuts that used the ole man's money to be a permanent student. Trouble is they blamed the men that got drafted or volunteered as much as the govt. A Mayday demonstration by the Weathermen to stop all traffic in DC was kinda fun. I sure hope some of them we ran into still have the scars. The assassination of Dr. King, now that was another story. Seeing 50s sandbagged on the Capitol steps and the White House surrounded with buses nose to tail with troops shoulder to shoulder and the LEOs told to stand down, watching the looting. I still have some old super 8 movies somewhere I took from a few rooftops, bad memories. We bounced back but I still remember gangs of kids dumping gas on sleeping winos and torching them. Couldn't buy gas in containers. People seemed to come to their senses in a few weeks, hope they do again.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Snipers taking out firemen that had responded to arson. Police officers attacked without provocation. Stores burned and looted and innocent store owners killed and injured. Protesters shot. Activists disappearing only to be found murdered. Assassinations almost common place. It was a pretty lousy time all around.