Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Man, Woman, Wild TV Show

Blog Entries

Cool Well...

Quote Originally Posted by doug1980 View Post
    So called Green Beret. Guess he didn't read the Army Survival Manual.
    I thought he was an instructor in the Navy Seals. His book on "Navy Seal Survival" is listed on Army Ranger Dude's Web-Site. maybe they drink urine, I don't know. He really respected that she "soldiered it out!" I'd of took that baby Rattlesnake & put it in next to him while he slept!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Just read his bio and it said he was Enlisted and a Green Beret than earned a Commission in the Green Berets. He also has a survival school called Spec Ops. Either way the whole pee drinking thing is stupid.
    Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...

Blog Entries

Red face oops...

My bad, I guess it was "Green Beret" not "Navy Seal."
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Who really knows though. Could be neither.
    Alaska to Florida, for how long, who knows...

Blog Entries

Cool Mykel's Merch!

Buy Mykel's knife! http://www.topsknives.com/product_in...roducts_id=307

Buy Mykel's book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/076...SIN=0762433582

Meet Mykel's buds: http://mykelhawke.com/survival

Ok, if anybody's interested go for it! As Mykel says on his web-site: "Happy Survivalin'! (???)
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool Getting real.

I hate to burst these guys bubbles but if anybody really wants to learn about survival, get an older copy of the Boy Scout Field Book, or some of J. Ron Fears work...they don't cost near as much!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

I didn't see the episode but I'll tell you this for certain. If I even mentioned that option to my wife I'd be wearing it. I'm not the brightest bulb in the box but momma didn't raise any fools.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I missed that episode.

I do like Mr Hawke. He builds some great shelters and moves/talks slow.

You guys gotta realize that in all these shows a shock factor is inserted by the producers.

Being good at survival and/or military stuff does not equal a great knife designer.

Take Ron Hoods ATAX. It's useless.

The Tom Brown* WSK? It's an answer to an unasked question.

I could go on and on about survival instructors knife designs.

*Tom did not invent this knife.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

I've only seen one of the episodes. I thought it was OK.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I like all the survival shows. There's usually one thing in each to learn from whether it's what to do or what not to do.

BTW, Les Stroud is BACK next week. WooHooo
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm...

Okay, 1st, all 3 threads on this show have now been merged together to keep everybody's comments in one place! 2nd, for a former Green Beret, Mykel Hawke is the worst hunter I ever seen! Last night Mykel tried to get Bull frogs by bashing them with a long club. He had very limited success. Bull Hockey! I've caught many Bull Frogs with nothing more that a long pole, a thin fishing line, & a small leaf from a bush...any bush! Next, he made a couple of primitive compound bows with arrows for him & his wife to use to hunt wild turkeys. So how did he try to hunt them? By trying to run them down on foot! Reminded me of Wiley E. Coyote trying to catch the road runner. Negative results again. Next, he fired an arrow at a rabbit 12 feet away & lost it! This despite the fact that he & his wife test fired their bows before going hunting by firing their arrows at his hat on a stick, with success! I think Mykel needed to talk to David Canterbury on how to kill a turkey with a primitive Bow & arrow!
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

As with all survival shows, I learn something each time, however, i think Myke has a boatload of patience with the wife, as she does complain a LOT!

Mykel Hawke doesn't seem to handle his kukri in a very safe manner. Last night he was using it to bore a hole for a fire stick, up against his left calf. Can't imagine how bad the cut would have been, if it had slipped with the pressure he was putting on his leg. Also why does he have a hat, long sleeve shirts, gloves, and she is in a tank top, no gloves etc.? I do admire her spunk and efforts that she puts into the show.

Banned

Personally, I am getting bored with all these shows,,,, "The Colony" is about the dumbest one yet IMO,,, YAWN,,,

Tried watching this show for the first time and all we could endure is about 6 minutes. (This is the one where they're somewhere on a windy, rocky beach and he's trying to start a fire with a bow drill.)
    Contrived dynamic between the two, playing to camera, kissing constantly (guess instead of high-fiving?) and her commenting on his a$$.
    It made my hair hurt.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by benesse View Post
    tried Watching This Show For The First Time And All We Could Endure Is About 6 Minutes. (this Is The One Where They're Somewhere On A Windy, Rocky Beach And He's Trying To Start A Fire With A Bow Drill.)
    Contrived Dynamic Between The Two, Playing To Camera, Kissing Constantly (guess Instead Of High-fiving?) And Her Commenting On His A$$.
    it Made My Hair Hurt.
    Roflmao,,,,,,, ( Its enough to make ya gag isn't it ?)

I can't take it any more!!!! what a POS show. I don't believe that he could survive in a walmart or a costco without some survival expert to tell him what was edible and what was not.
    I know what hunts you.

Uh, have you been in Wal Mart lately?

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?page_id=9798
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

The really fantastic thing about all of these shows ---- and I do mean fantastic ---- if I don't watch them, they don't bother me a bit.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by SARKY View Post
    I can't take it any more!!!! what a POS show. I don't believe that he could survive in a walmart or a costco without some survival expert to tell him what was edible and what was not.
    That was about what I surmised! LOL