Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying land

Blog Entries

The "almost deal-breaker" was so much damn lawn to keep cut.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Is there such a place as Cape Cod Piece?
    Well, there's this place...........

http://www.piscesofchatham.com/
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

I don't spend much time up your way. It's kinda like Florida in my book.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

About the worst thing you run into around here is

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Remember a while back I posted that a couple of eagles were flying around and that I hadn't seen many rabbits lately? The eagles haven't made an appearance in weeks. However, there were 11 bunnies in the backyard last Sunday. They like to hang around near our ducks.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Blog Entries

And I'll bet that there isn't a single great white within 3 miles of our livingroom.

In fact, I've never seen a shark closer than a mile to shore, and the last time was almost 10 years ago.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

wow a lot of stuff to look at indeed... lots of useful tips here!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post

I guess the ultimate irony would be the guy that builds the underground bunker, .... only to have the 3 foot diameter asteroid crash in the middle of the roof, penetrate and explode inside vaporizing everything. While the old guy next door films it to sell to CNN.
    AHAHAH funny guy lol your right but asteroid was not really what i had thought... in fact i dont know really what shape disaster may have, what i know is life is more and more hard and some people near me already are hungry for long periods of the month... they have cars? yes they do, do they own a house? indeed they do, do they have any money for food or other basics? no they do not, its misery in disguise... of course from my standard im poor but i dont sell myself to the bank for the benefit of saying i have my own house we pay rent and thats that, however, we enjoy a lot others cant... like buying decent food and wine and such....

some people i know have 800 euro income and pay 580 bank loans and are more or less bankrupt and living and eating with parents and other relatives to maintain what they have is really a widespread thing.... saddens me a lot to see my country just stuck and with no end in sight for this cycle...

There's absolutely nothing wrong with renting. For many it's the very best lifestyle. Generally, all maintenance is the responsibility of the landlord and often the grounds are maintained by them as well. So there are a lot of advantages to renting.

Beyond that, you point is very good. That's a common lifestyle in the U.S. as well. We want everything right now and are willing to buy it on credit instead of saving money to purchase it. Product marketing has done a very good job of training us to want things immediately.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blasfemo View Post
    .... saddens me a lot to see my country just stuck and with no end in sight for this cycle...
    When I first visited your country with some business investors in the early 90's, we met with several business people and officials, including a deputy minister of finance in Lisbon. At that time, I observed countless modernization and development projects underway, and learned that tremendous sums of investment capital were pouring in from other European nations in preparation for Portugal's adoption of the Euro and full entry into the European Union.

What you may not know is that, at that time, many of your business, finance and government leaders privately questioned the long-term common-good wisdom of abandoning the Escudo, and even that of joining the European Union, regardless of the fact that most would personally make small fortunes in the process.

As is the case with so many economies and individuals, the short-term advantages of borrowing are often not worth the unavoidable long-term consequences involved.
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    tremendous sums of investment capital were pouring in from other European nations in preparation for Portugal's adoption of the Euro and full entry into the European Union.

business, finance and government leaders privately questioned the long-term common-good wisdom of abandoning the Escudo, and even that of joining the European Union, regardless of the fact that most would personally make small fortunes in the process.
    Ye but when people dont serve and expect to be served this does not work, for the most part agriculture is DEAD, farmers bought houses pich ups and jeeps and forgot or were paid to stop producing normal cultures in favor of corn and other easy cultures. Now we buy from the Spanish half price and pay help checks while farmers throw away milk, tomato, potato, oranges and i do mean THROW AWAY like garbage, with milions ungering is ridiculous...

For the bright minds that kept their mouth shut they will soon have it bite them in the *** because now European law apply in a big extent and small country's will have limited power, if France, Germany, uk and Italy band together they will pass almost anything, due to representing a lot more population, im not sure on details but i start to see it in everyday life, new caRDS, new tax laws, stupid co2 tax you pay it up every year but one does not even understand were all this is coming from, i wish we would have stay apart from europe and have control of our economy "china style" because what we see in Portugal is 500K people living on welfare, probably more in unemployment cheques, 20% is 65+ in age i mean i dont see much workforce or ideas to turn this boat around...

Blog Entries
    W. Edwards Deming

General John Stark

i dont guess that would work, imagine our debt and economic rating with a weak escudo back in place? i think that ship sailed a long time ago...

Blog Entries

Well it's nice to know other Europeans want out of the EU too.
    I agree 100% with everything you've said about the EU.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Ken, I nearly beaned a shark casting a 2 oz lure out on the sandflats by the Oyster river outlet side of Hardings beach. Was trying to get him to go for it. He was a big one too. Probably looking for seals. Don't know what kind he was but it was far bigger than the dogs you catch out there.

Supposedly the great whites they were watching last summer were coming right in to Monomy cuz of the seals too.