Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long does it take to get prepared?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Survivalist View Post
    Wilderness survivalists will be the last free men. Well according to me anyway.
    Ain't sayin' this is right, and ain't sayin this is wrong. Just something to think about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwVCz...eature=related
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

To much use of the word can't. Looking to see why things won't work and not ways for them to work. Too many excuses, excuses get nothing done. I've seen the mindset before and it does not succeed. You asked.

i have quoted this before
    do or do not there is no try
    you are not unique in setting goals and accomplishing them, i am notorious for that, sometime set to many goals.
    i don't read much of what you post but from what i gather you have no children or none around at the moment and you appear to be financially independent, which most here are not,most can't purchase a backhoe or a zodiac, and that slows preps down to sometimes 20 dollars a week.
    preperations are not always about what you have but what you know.
    if i didn't have a wife or run a rescue shelter for orphaned and abused animals out of my own pocket i would be way more set, but the reality of a baby moose showing up at my doorstep is more prevalent than a tsunami hitting or the market crashing so i live my life accordinly but still prep for the future
    best of luck with your future endeavers
    always be prepared-prepare all ways
    http://wareaglesurvival.blogspot.com

Financially independent yes, wealthy no. Eliminating debt and establishing alternative sources of income was one of my preps. I have a wife and a 32 year old daughter that just moved back in so I have some responsibility but not like having young children. I'm also getting old. Not real old in years (only 55) but old in the sense of doing hard physical labor I have done all my life. I think most everybody has difficulties in life and distractions to slow preparation. That is part of the equation of how long it takes. I really did not want to get into anything more than how long it takes to get prepared. I thought it only prudent to present reasonable time expectations to those entering into survival. If people have the idea it is easy they may put it off too long.

Banned

If Shyt really hits the fan hard, I plan on looting the grocery store

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Keep in mind that the grocery store owners plan might be to shoot looters. Just sayin'.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Justin
    Keep in mind many others may be thinking the same thing.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Don't you just hate it when the entire town steals your idea! Copycats!!!!
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Don't you just hate it when you show up 1 minute too late.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Maybe I'll find out soon how well my preparations were made.Xenophobic attacks started again in the townships.The local black people are attacking foreigners and looting their shops.A few Somalis were killed and thousands of Zimbabweans fled back home.They only waited for the world cup to end before making their move.Rumours are that the attacks will spread to the white people.I hope and pray that it will not.

Living, surviving and prepping for he wilderness is so much easier than rying o do i for an urban enviroment. Just the number of people competeing for he same limited resources is insane. When the food riots start..... I just hope I have enough supplies to see me through. Although I have found some recipies for long pig.
    I know what hunts you.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Late View Post
    Maybe I'll find out soon how well my preparations were made.Xenophobic attacks started again in the townships.The local black people are attacking foreigners and looting their shops.A few Somalis were killed and thousands of Zimbabweans fled back home.They only waited for the world cup to end before making their move.Rumours are that the attacks will spread to the white people.I hope and pray that it will not.
    With out being too specific (for obvious reasons), how have or will you prepare for these types of attacks. Must be difficult , since any overt preps could actually draw more attention. It would seem that a "mutual aid" agreement with friends or neighbors would be in order.

The situation you are in and one of our other members Chiangmy in Thailand are /is something we will hopefully not see here.

Stay safe
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related