Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advice on a gun safe

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    You must have been heartbroken when all of those guns got stolen.
    Someone must have altered the picture...it was stamps and a penny collection.

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

Well looks like I can get maybe a decent one from Wally's. Shipped from the factory and dropped off curbside. My problem now is I don't have a curb. The closest curb is about 3miles, shipping is 97cents which is reasonable for a $900 storage safe and I have those dehumidifier rods in the others and they do work great. Gotta call and see if I can pour a 3' curb will they drop it by the basement door.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Why not buy one of those parking curbs and set it in the basement right next to where you want the safe. They didn't specify what kind of curb did they? It might keep the safe from trying to escape too.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Check out Pendleton safes
    www.pendletonsafes.com
    I know what hunts you.

Was in Shreveport Dick's a couple days ago. They had a 38 gun safe (reg $1199) for $799. Checked on delivery. Within 100 miles $400. After that $2 a mile. Good deal on the safe. Little steep on the delivery.

oldtrap

Well dear ole Wally's won't ship the safe I want to the local store because it is not on their list of 9 that they will ship and I don't have a curb so I'm SOL with them, gonna go elsewhere and ain't gonna pay $250 for delivery, $450 at Borders Guns in KY for delivery. Time to hook the trailer to the Jeep I guess.

Costco currently has a Cannon on sale for $949 after $150 off. Includes curb side delivery.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...477&lang=en-US
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I picked mine up at Wally-World. Two guys tipped it into my trailer for me. I backed up to my front door and tipped it onto a furnature dolly and rolled it into the "hard room". Tipped it off the dolly and bolted it down. Never even borke a sweat and no delevery charge.

It has been worth every penny I paid for it in peace of mind.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Go with a Liberty from Gander Mountain. If you catch them on sale, you can get a pretty decent price.
    BEND OVER - Here comes the "change"

"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders." - Ted Nugent

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I picked mine up at Wally-World. Two guys tipped it into my trailer for me. I backed up to my front door and tipped it onto a furnature dolly and rolled it into the "hard room". Tipped it off the dolly and bolted it down. Never even borke a sweat and no delevery charge.

It has been worth every penny I paid for it in peace of mind.
    I plan on taking the Model No. there today and talk to the manager. I can't believe they don't want to sell a $900 safe. Told a manager at a Wally's in KY and he thought it was stupid. Would have had him get it for me but hauling it 75 miles vs 1 1/2 is stupid.

Printed Wally's ad and took it to a gun & pawn 3miles from the house and he ordered it for me $100 less than anyone. Will load it for me and furnish a good hand cart with 2 men to roll it into the basement. He's out of line on firearms & ammo but must have caught him at a weak moment.

Good deal. Just don't tell him about the crocheting - he might charge double.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ole WV Coot View Post
    I have a large penny collection and like to stack them when they are stored. I reckon I need another gun safe to handle the change. Anyone want to recommend one around $800 or hopefully under that. I expect if it was used for long guns it would need space for 12 plus plenty of room for my stamp collection and maybe a few pins on the inside of the door to hang my crocheted scarfs. Best I can find is one at Lowes. Anyone got a better one in mind??
    Yeah, OK I get it pennies, scarfs, stamps........yeah, that's the ticket....Got it.

Mine came from Gander Mountain, got a few around in different spots, don't recall the names but they are heavy. No electronic locks though, don't trust them, batteries you know...............
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Sentry 24gun combo lock, fire safe at 456lbs in my basement for $700. It seems happy with the others and I think I got a good deal.

If you leave the door of the safe slightly ajar and toss some ammo just outside and inside you might just tempt that Beretta into the safe. It's a bit hard to run a trip wire to close the safe door so maybe you could talk the other weapons into holding on to it until you can get down there yourself.