Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pigs

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Heck, you made me hungry too!
    Self control, Self control, Self control! When you are dieting you CAN NOT get hungry
    Surivial is just an unplanned adventure when you are prepared

Banned

The best thing about herding pigs is that because they are omnivores you can feed them from the local fast food restaurant/donut shop dumpsters with no ill effects.

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I watched a show on, I believe, animal planet call Pig Bomb. No, it's not a bomb to hunt pigs with... It was saying that the wild pig population here in the States and in parts of Europe is expanding at a uncontrollable rate. Ten years ago eighteen states were home to the United States wild pig population, now it's forty states. They said even with heavy hunting and state game control methods, the populations will continue to grow at an alarming rate.

In northern Ohio we don't have a problem but there are wild pigs in southern Ohio. Like the coyote, there's an open season on them.

Another problem the show pointed out is these pigs are becoming more like the Euro-Asian wild bore. A much bigger and more aggressive breed than the American wild pig.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If I want to eat "hog". I go to the woods and shoot one. in about an hour you can have 200 lbs of meat on the front of the boat, heading home. No feeding, and no stinking pen out in the back yard.
    I have to agree with pgv on this one. The feral population needs to be reduced before I am gonna go raising any hogs.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

Phil - Here's a post I did last year on the show.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ight=wild+pigs
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Phil - Here's a post I did last year on the show.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ight=wild+pigs
    Good thread Rick, Thanks. I believe that was the same show I watched.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

well wild pigs are not so disseminated in Portugal, we are small and a lot of hunters, game is a thing we love and we hunt everything ( even snails) hehe

While reading this thread the ole lady said, " pork is also a verb". She remembers watching The Simpsons and Bart was writing on the chalkboard, " pork is not a verb".