Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cordless Electric Chainsaw

Quote Originally Posted by JPGreco View Post
    18v batteries are interchangeable between 18v devices of the same manufacturer so you should be good.

and just make sure you know:
    18v lithium ion batteries can be used on standard 18v devices of the same manufacturer. Standard 18v batteries usually cannot be put into the lithium ion devices. Standard 18v batteries MIGHT be able to be charged by lithium ion chargers. DO NOT put lithium ion batteries in standard chargers.
    I have not found this to be true on 14v Black and Decker, so we will see about Ryobi.
    Milwaukee 14v and 18v do fit, just don't use a 18v battery on a 14v drill/driver.

Quote Originally Posted by JPGreco View Post
    ...... I believe one of the few is Hilti, and Hilti is one hell of a product (especially older models), but costs a lot more in general.
    My experience is, "If it says Hilti on the box, you are already over your head". LOL, yes the do make a heck of a product.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    I have not found this to be true on 14v Black and Decker, so we will see about Ryobi.
    Milwaukee 14v and 18v do fit, just don't use a 18v battery on a 14v drill/driver.
    Usually on the cheaper brands, yeah, the battery is designed for the tool, not the line. And yes, different volt batteries usually aren't made for interchangeable use. Though, again, being a carpenter, we use the brands designed for us (dewalt mainly, but rigid is another popular brand), which all the tools from any voltage line use the same battery. This is a neccesity for a carpenter since I might go through 3 batteries in a day and if I had to buy 3 different kinds I wouldn't use the brand. My brand new impact drill uses the same 18v batteries that my 6 year old drill uses and it can use lithium ion 18v batteries as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    My experience is, "If it says Hilti on the box, you are already over your head". LOL, yes the do make a heck of a product.
    haha, well again, as a carpenter, I cherish the chance to use them. I used an old hammer drill on a poured concrete foundation and it drilled holes like it was wood.

Crap. We had to take a class on Hilti fasteners. I think it used a .22 caliber charge to set fasteners in concrete. I may be wrong on the charge but it seems like it was .22. That was one nasty piece of hardware. I never used it after the class. You could kill people with that thing. But the gun was built bomb proof.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Crap. We had to take a class on Hilti fasteners. I think it used a .22 caliber charge to set fasteners in concrete. I may be wrong on the charge but it seems like it was .22. That was one nasty piece of hardware. I never used it after the class. You could kill people with that thing. But the gun was built bomb proof.
    Yep, we have one made by ramset. It the size of the round is a .22, but there are several levels of powder. I think it goes brown, green, yellow, red.

And yes, its essentially a gun. I could load it and push it into your chest and pull the trigger. Considering the nail is harder than lead rounds, it might blow right through you. It will shatter any bone it hits too.

Funny story, my coworker had a cop role up to the job site and he asked if someone was shooting a gun somewhere around the area.

I've got several Hilti rotary hammer drills. I picked them up when the company I worked for was liquidating all equipment when the company was sold. I don't remember if I paid $25 or $50 each for them. New, they are around $750. The really cool thing with these (TE-25's) is that they will completely rebuild one for about $225. They are great drills.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

My best/worst Hilti story involved coring a 4" hole into the top of a bank vault, to install a line set for a Mini split A/C unit.

Concrete was about 18" thick, had steel embedded in it,and couldn't use water/cutting grout.
    Was in the attic of the bank...hot,...real glad I had an apprentice, as we didn't have room to bolt down the coring machine, took all day.

I can recall going into the vault and asking the lady that worked in there, if she could move the pallet of money, as it was right under where the ladder had to go.

Think about having to use the statement, "Excuse me, can you move your money? It's in my way...."
    One of those "What did I just say?...."
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I've got several Hilti rotary hammer drills. I picked them up when the company I worked for was liquidating all equipment when the company was sold. I don't remember if I paid $25 or $50 each for them. New, they are around $750. The really cool thing with these (TE-25's) is that they will completely rebuild one for about $225. They are great drills.
    I just might hate you for that... lol

I was at a trade show talking to a Hilti rep. He was really po'd at my former company. They flooded th Florida market with nearly 3000 TE-25's and 1000 TE-1's. Hilti sales took a big hit in Florida because of it. I asked why Hilti didn't buy them all up, refurbish them and turn a nice profit? I can't repeat what he said.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel