Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: cooking over fire with primitive containers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Batch View Post
    well Ill be Durned Ok, Now I am wondering about a Water Balloon or a Condom filled with water, ????

Thanks Batch

They didn't even cover it did they?

i guess it makes sense cuz I could never get a pipe to take solder even if there was just a tiny trickle of water in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    well Ill be Durned Ok, Now I am wondering about a Water Balloon or a Condom filled with water, ????

Thanks Batch
    Right cause if the condom failed with water you wouldn't want to trust it if the girl is hot! ...errrr...GRILL, I mean...

I recently visited a site whilst on holiday in the Middle East. The site dated back to Neanderthal man and they had found a large number of tools and hunting tools and materials. However, there were not pots... Just sticks and stone. It was very interesting though to see the progression in spear tips and the improvement in design. So in agreement.. Depending how far you go back I think you will find the oldest cooking tools were .... A stick.
    Never without my Paracord Survival Bracelet an essential part of any Survival Kit !

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had some dried clay stored in the shed to be processed. I collected rainwater yesterday and worked some into a few jars. I also had some aged and ready to be molded so I made a small cooking pot with a lid.
    We'll see how it holds up to cooking, since the OP was about "primitive containers".

(for Rick) For the record, the clay I made the pot from yesterday did not taste bitter at all.
    I acquired some new clay where a friend had a new well drilled. It was very sticky and bendable, even in it's crude form. It also tasted quite bitter. It's in process now and should be a lump in a few days. I'll let you know how it turns out too.

I have to agree that the most ancient cooking tools were sticks and stones.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures