Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOOHOO!(maybe) Xmas Dinner!(maybe)

Blog Entries

Default WOOHOO!(maybe) Xmas Dinner!(maybe)

One of the girls has been a bit out of sorts this week, not her usual perky self at all. Well now I know why... she's gone broody! Soooo remember those cute fluffy chicks last year? I believe I can see more on the horizon!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Shhhhhhh. Don't tell mama.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Darn! She changed her mind!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Darn! She changed her mind!
    The story told by many a young lad while growing up.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Sadly, I never told that story. They all stuck by the "last man on earth" decision. I sure hope I live that long. I'd like to see if they were being honest.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

The one who went broody last year has done it again! I've just ordered some fertile eggs. Christmas dinner will be here the day after tomorrow!!

Winnie,maybe you can come over and help me,I opened my big mouth to a customer,and ended up agreeing to help him butcher 62 chickens,I managed to get through 20 of them yesterday.He was NOT prepared at all when I got there,and his wife is no help,she cannot eat one that they have raised and won't help.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Winnie,maybe you can come over and help me,I opened my big mouth to a customer,and ended up agreeing to help him butcher 62 chickens,I managed to get through 20 of them yesterday.He was NOT prepared at all when I got there,and his wife is no help,she cannot eat one that they have raised and won't help.
    Sooo, by "agreeing to help" you mean you've agreed to butcher all 62 alone? Nell, I'm looking for some help around deer season..

And I'm looking for help mowing the yard the rest of the summer. I'm a lot closer than Camp!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    And I'm looking for help mowing the yard the rest of the summer. I'm a lot closer than Camp!
    That's okay...lawn work should be all done by deer season so Nell can help both of us!

I just love it when a plan comes together!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Nell, you know I would if I could. Why do people raise things if they're not prepared to see the job through to the end??

I've ordered a pure breed this time(light sussex) The boys grow big enough for the table and the girls are good layers. Jennifer has finally retired!

And as for you lot..... Words fail me!

RIck and Camp.LOL you know I would if I could,I don't have enough time to do half the things I do,and then I managed to volunteer for this !AND pick more blueberries AND tend my garden AND help load firewood,AND help load logs,not to mention the everyday cooking and cleaning........

Winnie,I knew you would if you could,you are a sweet person like that!

His intention was not to clean all of them,he thought that he could sell them for $5 or $6 each after feeding them for 6-8 weeks (cornish cross breed) BUT people won't pay that much for one they have to take home and clean themselves,when they can walk into a grocery and pay the same money for one that has already been cleaned!

So me big mouth got me schedule stretched even thinner! Tomorrow,I hit the butcher block again,my daughter MAY go with me.depends on if she actually sleeps tonight!
    Last edited by nell67; 07-04-2010 at 09:28 PM.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Update on the chickens,I have managed to get through all but 12 of those chickens,the guy has ADHD or something,he just cannot stay home long enough for me to get through them,should have been done with them Sunday.

Oh did I mention these darn things weigh about 10 lbs dressed?? He let them go wayyyy too long before butchering.

On the other hand,I picked up around 40 from the neighbor who raises Tyson chickens,theses birds were too small for them to take,my next day off will be working on putting them in my freezer,breast only though,too small for whole chicken.
    Last edited by nell67; 07-28-2010 at 07:15 PM.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

I'll bet that "working" for your food makes it all that much better tasting.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yup,you appreciate it more if you have to work for it.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Are you going to the jamboree this year? If so, is chicken on the menu?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Are you going to the jamboree this year? If so, is chicken on the menu?
    I WISH,but I just got bumped up to asst. manager at work,as one a.m. quit Saturday,and the other was in a head on (really not head on,the idiot ran his SUV up on and over her little car).

She won't be back for at least three months,with head lacerations and a broken left femur ,and a hole in her left bicep that the beLIEve the guys bumper went into as he went over her car. Girl is LUCKY to be alive.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Congrats on the promotion. Bummer on missing the fun.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Well congratulations. When I said you'd stop at nothing to get ahead I didn't mean stop signs!!