Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WOOHOO!(maybe) Xmas Dinner!(maybe)

Thanks guys,LOL Rick,wasn't me,but rather my friend Amanda from work,she and I were scheduled to open,she lives in the county east of the county we work in,and I the county to the west,we were both about halfway to work when I got her call.

THe guy who ran over her car admitted to shooting meth 2 days prior,and smoking pot that morning.No DL's,NO Insurance,driving a vehicle with no tags,used hypo's all over his truck,and the ground around it from where his ruck rolled after going up over her's,and they let him WALK out of the er,because his drug screen was not back by the time the officer finished his report,I wish there was more I could do to get guys like him behind bars.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Only in America. Land of the free. Home of the escaped.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Yea,I would have thought his admission to smoking pot (DUI),plus all the used hypo's (paraphernalia) would have been a sure trip to jail,but what do I know!

GGGRRRRRRR
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Blog Entries

10lbs?!?! You're not joking that's way over! Must have been like trying to pluck an old tyre! Oh and great score on the chickens for your freezer!
    Congrats on the preomotion!

The nursery is all set up, eggs are due to hatch anytime now.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

So Winnie. How's Christmas dinner doing? Either I missed some thing or you haven't posted on the thread about how things are going. End of July seems to be the last word on how the hatch was doing. Cockrels should be either ready or in the freezer. Just wondering.

Oldtrap
    Never claimed to be an expert. Just use or do what works for me.

Blog Entries

Oops! Sorry!Well of the 6 eggs I set under my hen, 5 hatched and there were 3 hens and two Roosters. The hens will stay in the flock to replace the two girls I lost. One of the Cockerals was eaten last week. See here.
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ad.php?t=14280
    As they are an old fashioned dual purpose breed they have taken longer to mature than the meat hybrids I had last year. The one I butchered last week weighed 31/2lbs oven ready. Even though these are slower growing, their flavour is better and the food input hasn't been as high. The other Rooster is Christmas dinner on the hoof so to speak.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

I just found this thread and didn't look at the date of the op. LOL I was really wondering how u were going to get xmas dinner hatched and raised in 10 days!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shiftyer1 View Post
    I just found this thread and didn't look at the date of the op. LOL I was really wondering how u were going to get xmas dinner hatched and raised in 10 days!
    If I could do that, I'd be a millionaire!

Oh, I put the results in another thread.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...hlight=grannie