Thread: Semi...wild onions!

Default Semi...wild onions!

These volunteered from last years garden! I made use of the seeds and the plant.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Hey Cowboy! What's for supper?

Yum! Yum!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Looks mighty tasty.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Lol! Supper was around 6 this evening! Rehydrated jerky...surprise onions...jalapenos out of the garden...and Ramen...Boots in the field had to try out the gassifier stove.
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

Looks like the back corner of our garden. I plant this type of onion every fall and by the next season we have all those onions to use up. (multipliers I guess you call them or bunching. Either way they always fill out a corner in the garden) Looks good Cowboy. If you ever need a taste tester I'm always on call. :>)

oldtrap

Ooh yum! I like your oil lamp

Blog Entries

I've never keep seeds from onions. How is it done. How many from each plant? This has got me thinking, i have about 80 sets growing and now i will let a few bolt and gather the seeds. Any info will be appricieted
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimhuntermj21

Stove looks like something I might like to give a try. I do love my coleman but it looks like something like this would be a real space saver.

Not sure about the onion seed hunter as down here I just save back as many of the bulbs as I think I might need and plant them in the fall ( this bunching varity anyway) and as they mature they muliply and in my garden anyway. a couple dozen ends up being a couple hundred bulbs. Not large but for sure full of taste. I raised these also when I lived in Iowa so they work well up north also.

oldtrap

Quote Originally Posted by huntermj View Post
    I've never keep seeds from onions. How is it done. How many from each plant? This has got me thinking, i have about 80 sets growing and now i will let a few bolt and gather the seeds. Any info will be appricieted
    Never tried it either HunterMJ...looks like there is seeds in the pictured. So far they are drying for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtrap59 View Post
    Stove looks like something I might like to give a try. I do love my coleman but it looks like something like this would be a real space saver.

Not sure about the onion seed hunter as down here I just save back as many of the bulbs as I think I might need and plant them in the fall ( this bunching varity anyway) and as they mature they muliply and in my garden anyway. a couple dozen ends up being a couple hundred bulbs. Not large but for sure full of taste. I raised these also when I lived in Iowa so they work well up north also.

oldtrap
    Here is a little about my stove...they work great but it takes some tunin' kind of like a carburator of sorts. I have some mods to make to mine after trying to cook on it. I think they are worth the effort though. To me better than most because your fuel is already where you are going!

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ight=gassifier

Blog Entries

Oh, and what the heck! there diying back already? mine are just starting. Zone 4a
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimhuntermj21

Quote Originally Posted by huntermj View Post
    Oh, and what the heck! there diying back already? mine are just starting. Zone 4a
    I dunno MJ? Crash had veggies before I was planted good. Not sure if this will work or not...just something I was gonna try. This bundle was over 3 ft. tall a month ago.