Thread: Hassles over the pack

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Hassles over the pack

I was at Wallmart today. I went in through the vehicle maintainance side as I often do to avoid the big crown up front.

There was a nice, clean cut young man standing there wearing a pullover shirt and Kaki cargo shorts, and a half dozen LEO types. One LEO had the contents of what had been the young man's desert camo mollie pack scattered over a picnic table.

It was the normal prepper stuff.

He was protesting the violation of searching his private property. They were explaining the need for security and their right to search for weapons and explosives in suspisious situations.

I remember the exact words;

Young man, "What's suspiscious about it?"

LEO, "No one wears a backpack in Wallmart!"

Fortunately this young man had sense enough to shut up and avoid a trip to a rural KY jail. He apparently got off with a warning to leave his pack in the car next trip.

I would just about guarentee that if there had been a fixed blade knife in that pack he would have gone to jail. Not that I have anything against fixed blade knivers, or E-packs for that matter.

Sometimes you just don't needf any excess attention.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Blog Entries

Cool But of course...

Wally World needs to take the proper steps to insure that no one rips off their "high-quality" merchandise! What would stop that guy from loading a 60" HD TV into his pack,(besides size limitations) huh? Answer me that! Besides, the Security guards at Wally World have to do something to earn their Minimum Wage paychecks!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I would just about guarentee that if there had been a fixed blade knife in that pack he would have gone to jail. Not that I have anything against fixed blade knivers, or E-packs for that matter.
    .....Why? What would they charge him with?

Quote Originally Posted by justin_baker View Post
    .....Why? What would they charge him with?
    Depending on state law and the size of the blade - carrying a concealed weapon.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I had to go pick up the grand kids this afternoon and on the way I say three guys about 12-13 years old in full camo and backpacks heading to the woods. On the one hand I thought it was great that they were outside and not playing Wii. On the other hand I figured someone would probably call LE because of the "terrorists".
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Yeah, those dang terrorists ruined it for everyone else.

It is my opinion at least where I live it has alot to do with how you present yourself. Noone looks twice at me anywhere with a huge fixed blade. 12" is legal limit...I stick under that but, noone is surprised to see a cowboy with a knife. Now back when I was a teen and had a 2ft. mohawk yeah it may have drawn alot of attention! LOL!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Banned

You almost need a back pack in wasmart, I can get lost in that damn store for hours

Im kind of concerned about my husbands GHB that he has in the cab of his truck. In addition to the usual stuff he also has a gas mask and a full chem suit. I told him to be careful because if he is ever in a situation where he needs it someone will probably see him leaving the area in his suit and shoot him thinking he was involved.
    "I enjoy surviving." Yes, well I certainly hope so as the other side of that is "DEATH!"
    Sarge47