Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: primitive shaving?

as a native pre-colombian, i can tell you, my people didn't shave, we plucked every beard hair out.

Shaving? What shaving? I don't know nothin' 'bout shaving.........beard trimming yes, but shaving no.....
    Been working on this for 62 years, used to keep it on the inside, till about 13, but mostly been keeping it on the outside, lately.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I do try to stay shaved. However, it can be difficult in the woods. So, I generally find a large round rock that's slightly flat on one side, drive the whiskers in and bite them off on the inside.

Pluck out every beard hair, huh? Good luck with that. It will just grow right back in.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I do try to stay shaved. However, it can be difficult in the woods. So, I generally find a large round rock that's slightly flat on one side, drive the whiskers in and bite them off on the inside.

Pluck out every beard hair, huh? Good luck with that. It will just grow right back in.
    Can't beat that for cheap entertainment. It's a win/win.

I have kids in their late 30's that wouldn't know who was there in front of them if I was to shave my beard off. Started this growth 3 days before I got out of the service and still trying to perfect it. :>) Let me see now.Going on 40 years by my reconning. Yes I trim it from time to time. That's one of the rules of the house. Shaving not a problem here.

oldtrap

Quote Originally Posted by oldtrap59 View Post
    I have kids in their late 30's that wouldn't know who was there in front of them if I was to shave my beard off. Started this growth 3 days before I got out of the service and still trying to perfect it. :>) Let me see now.Going on 40 years by my reconning. Yes I trim it from time to time. That's one of the rules of the house. Shaving not a problem here.

oldtrap
    i want a picture
    All good things are wild and free
    -Henry David Thoreau

Learn from the old and the wise

I'm just trying to imagine the evolution on shaving... What came first the Gillette Mac3 design or the Mac3 clamshell hmmmm :-)
    Never without my Paracord Survival Bracelet an essential part of any Survival Kit !