Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a Wonderful/Great Idea for the forum.

Sourdough, I like it!

What about the the wilderness survival home page?http://www.wilderness-survival.net/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rebel View Post
    What about the the wilderness survival home page?http://www.wilderness-survival.net/
    WOW, Thats pretty Complete ! I haven't even looked at that before, I came straight into the forums.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    WOW, Thats pretty Complete ! I haven't even looked at that before, I came straight into the forums.
    I have never seen it either, does it have a section on "Bugging IN NYC/L.A."

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    I have never seen it either, does it have a section on "Bugging IN NYC/L.A."
    No it doesn't--that's how I got to join the forum. But I did take that test on the home pg. and didn't distinguish myself. Did get hooked, however.

Sourdough - here's a thought. There are a lot of really great blogs (and some, not so much). The problem is that they are not the easiest thing to search out. What about using the Social Groups section? Maybe multiple groups. One for financial advice, one for big city prepping, rural prepping, and on and on. At least things would be in a neat package and located in one spot. Posts that are "worthy" could be copied and placed in the appropriate social group.

It's not really what it is intended for, but short of programming changes, I don't know how else to work what you are suggesting.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    It's not really what it is intended for, but short of programming changes, I don't know how else to work what you are suggesting.

As you know I don't know squat about computers. But, why not a new Closed/Locked Sub-Forum titled........"Getting Started/Start Here for Basics"

Only Chris can add/change sub forums.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Cool idea, but you should take this up with vBulliten. They are the ones who programmed the system of forums on this site, the mods just use the program to personalize it. All vBulliten sites are similar in the way they work.

Actually, the forum sections can be added and deleted at will. The way the code works within vBulletin is what they control. I think that's what you meant. And you're correct. vBulletin is vBulletin regardless of where it is used. Unless an owner adds hacks to give it some personal flavor the code is the same (with regard to Version #).
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Cool On the flip side...

We also need to remember that our levity also draws new members in. They see the joking & such & don't feel like they're going to be ripped apart by everybody because they didn't know much about the subject of survival.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    We also need to remember that our levity also draws new members in. They see the joking & such & don't feel like they're going to be ripped apart by everybody because they didn't know much about the subject of survival.

Sarge47, I agree, that is a large attraction, very good point.

Just to add to Sarge...
    At first, it was hard to follow any time the thread degenerated to an insider's type of repartee. But the advice was so smart and the sentiment so genuine that I just stuck it out. In time I learned who's who and figured there was an appreciation for a third grade humor I'm often accused of but don't often encounter in my day-to-day dealings. I'd hate to see a change in the forum now that I'm finally caught up and having fun.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And it ain't broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    .... They see the joking & such & don't feel like they're going to be ripped apart by everybody because they didn't know much about the subject of survival.
    HAHAHAhahaha!

Blog Entries

Cool Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by rwc1969 View Post
    HAHAHAhahaha!
    See? Even RW agrees!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Sounds to me like sourdough wants a wiki.

I too want a wiki.

The idea of mods going back after a thread dies out and editing out crap is too much work for what I pay them. That isn't going to happen.

As soon as the software allows something, like a wiki though, it will be created.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Sounds to me like sourdough wants a wiki.

I too want a wiki.

The idea of mods going back after a thread dies out and editing out crap is too much work for what I pay them. That isn't going to happen.

As soon as the software allows something, like a wiki though, it will be created.

Ok, But any chance we could cheat the Administrator, and pay the real worker, (Moderators) an lot more.

Another question like that and your green thingies will turn red real quick. Cheat the Admin., indeed.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Ok, But any chance we could cheat the Administrator, and pay the real worker, (Moderators) an lot more.
    Tried to give you some rep, but I gotta spread the love.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Cool Hey now....

Oh man, that's really cold, that's harsh dude! I mean "stiff" the admin.? Are you joking? Um, how much are we talking about here?
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin