Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Second Annual Indiana(with honorable mention to all other states and Canada) Jamboree

Huh? My name isn't Van.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

There's no way around it, there'll be a couple of pounds to loose after this jamboree.

If you run fast enough you can probably lose me.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I am so excited. I work tonight then I start my vacation in the morning. Hooray for me!!!!!! No more work for 13 days. I love it.
    Proof of a higher power, is the power of a horses stride. Line for line, grace and majesty, taking me for a ride.

Blog Entries

Well it looks like im done for.
    The GC is trying to get me to work my guys 10 hour days 6 days a week. Not going to happen! Hes the one behind schedule not me!
    But my leed man is going on vacation on wed. We set it up that we would both take vacation at the same time since it should have been between two projects. Well, hes still taken off so i cant.
    I have been looking forward to this for months now and im very disappointed i cant go. Was look forward to the road trip as well.
    Oh well theirs always next year. I hope everyone that does go has a good time, eats lots of good food and takes lots of pics. Maybe there will be some knife and axe throwing videos this time. Be safe in your travels guys.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimhuntermj21

Maybe we can do a spring time in Eastern Ohio or somewhere around there.

Winter is Florida is nice.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Maybe we can do a spring time in Eastern Ohio or somewhere around there.
    That would be great! I'd sign up for that...I'd even make a giveaway knife.

Is anyone going to need firewood or do you plan on gathering?

They have a notice up that they do not want any firewood brought into the campground. You can collect or purchase. The stack was 2X2X4 roughly and I think it was $10 if I remember correctly. It's an honor system and the wood is back next to the horse corral.

Scroll down to the red lettering.

http://www.nps.gov/biso/planyourvisit/campgrounds.htm/

Ok Thanks Rick. Mel and I and the boys are leaving here Friday morning. I am trying to talk him into leaving Thursday afternoon if I can.

Do you have directions there
    Proof of a higher power, is the power of a horses stride. Line for line, grace and majesty, taking me for a ride.

Well, I do. Are you asking for some or just really concerned about me?

Here's a map from Bowling Green to Jamestown, Tennessee. It's about 25 miles from Jamestown to the campground. From Jamestown go up 154 then east on 297 to the park entrance.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Bowl...4.9319&2v=CITY

You'll see Big South Fork just to the east on the map. The camp ground is about where the words Rec. Area are on the map.

For everyone, if you come in the west entrance to Bandy Campground it's pretty flat but a couple of miles of gravel. The east entrance is all blacktop but it falls through a pretty deep valley with some switchbacks. It's a beautiful drive through the east entrance. If you are coming up from Knoxville then take the east entrance.

(FMR) Wilderness Guide pgvoutdoors's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I picked up the flint today, a nice mix of small pieces. Most will work very nice with flint and steel kits, some are knappable.
    "Just Get Out!"
    WildernessSkillsTrailhead.com

Today I had to report to jury duty. When I received the summons I called and let them know two things. First, as an owner operator of a business, every day I was on a jury the business would be closed. Second, I had a trip planned during the week. The response I received said - just show up and let them know during selection, and you'll be excused.

Well - the judge must not have gotten the memo. There were about 600 of us. The judge listed four criteria that would excuse you (under 18, convicted felon, over 70, and something else that escapes me). That's it. Period. No exceptions. The process called anywhere from 21 to 70 prospective jurors for a trial.

The one I was called for took 21. They needed 7 (6 plus 1 alternate). It was a civil case that they don't give out a whole lot of info about. I believe he is suing his former employer for discrimination and wrongful termination. I answered the lawyers questions openly and honestly. I was not one of the 7 selected. Maybe it was the answers I gave - who knows? When asked what my view on unions were, I said that they have served a valuable service in American history, but that today they are destroying this country. I believe that if unions continue at their current rate that the economy will decline even further. Then when asked (and I swear this is how the plaintiffs attorney worded it) how I felt about frivolous lawsuits that Fox News was always talking about. My response went something like - I frequently watch Fox News, along with other cable and news outlets and am not sure what reporting you are talking about. I can tell you though, without casting dispersions on any news outlet that tort reform is sorely needed. The fraud, and greed perpetuated by frivolous lawsuits, and the attorneys that represent them should be considered criminal.

I guess they didn't care for may answers. See you in Tennessee.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

(Snort. Giggle)