Thread: Zodiac with 20 HP Honda

Default Zodiac with 20 HP Honda

I could not put off breaking in new motor and testing it any longer, leaving for Yukon river tomorrow. I forgot to bring GPS to determine speed but it's fast! Made a little video. I should be back around the 15th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S435ujo7Fe0
    Last edited by Alaskan Survivalist; 06-06-2010 at 01:41 AM.

Looks like plenty of horsepower. That wake you crossed looked a bit exciting
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Looks great. Have fun on the trip.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Looks like a blast, have a great trip! I havnt found much need to test a Honda though...they work always. I think you just wanted to play a little! Bring back some pictures!

Looks great. Have you worked out how much run time you have, with 12.5 gallons of gas?
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Looked a little Hairy crossing that wake! Careful. Last time I did that with my 40 hp. boat landed a little awkward and the tiller handle snapped off in my hand. Wide open throttle and no control. I was also thrown from the boat...Make sure you wear the kill switch fob!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

Banned

Dang, That does look Fast !

Camp, I have always had good service out of Honda's but there is a break in recomended and the maximum motor for boat listed was 15 HP and 99 pounds. At 20 HP and 102.5 pounds I am pushing limits a bit and I will be running rapids and need to know handling characteristics before I get there. 2D2K, I used about an 1/8 of a 3.5 gal tank so I'm thinking it will have good range. I'll know more when I have more time using it but rough guess about 25 hours of running time. CS, I have been in 6 foot seas in this little boat and believe me I slow down in rough water and take each wave one at a time. That wake was not that big and caught me a bit by surprize, my 5 HP never pushed the boat that fast before. My biggest concern was that with more weight in stern I would be taking water over stern and in really rough seas you need to tack like a sailboat and make hard turns shutting down throttle, turning motor and giving full power. With out stabilizer I'm sure there would be enough power to capsize boat with that manuever but had no problem. If I go out in heavy seas I will still be using 5 HP but I can out run most weather with this motor and it handled much better than I anticipated and would handle rough seas I would just get wetter. This is last post for a while and I will be taking pictures and maybe another video if battery holds up. It will be fun but I'll be missing out on all the fun around here.

Banned

Have a good Time !

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Have a good Time !
    Thanks, really last post this time , I'm out the door.