Thread: Man Cleaning Gun "Accidentally" Shoots Himself And Buddy

Banned

Default Man Cleaning Gun "Accidentally" Shoots Himself And Buddy

SPRING HILL — A man cleaning his gun Monday night accidentally fired a round that hit his own hand and then struck his friend in the foot.

The Hernando County Sheriff's Office gave this account: Thomas Maffatone, 20, was in the living room of a house at 3798 Braemere Drive cleaning his Springfield XD45 semiautomatic pistol as his friends Michael King, 20, and Kyle Minderman, 20, sat on a couch.

King said he heard a loud bang and felt pain in his right foot. He looked down and yelled, "I've been shot.''

While removing his sneaker and sock, King said he saw Maffatone get up and wrap a cloth around his own left hand, which Minderman said was "spraying blood all over the place.''

Minderman drove both men to Spring Hill Regional Hospital, where Maffatone was treated for a wound to the middle finger of his left hand while King was treated for a wound to the middle toe of his right foot.

King told deputies that the shooting was an accident, as there had been no animosity between him and Maffatone.
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...l-home/1097802

I bet that whole episode started with "hey ya'll, watching this!"
    Ken has helped me out so much with legal stuff, I need to keep track of it so I can pay him back. I will be placing a 'score card' in my sig as a reminder.

DEBT:

Repaid:

uh oh
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body,but rather to skid in sideways,bruised,battered,and totally worn out,shouting "Holy crap.....what a ride!"

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

My wife ran a medical lab while in the Army. One of her favorite stories was about a trip to the Mohavie Desert with the 101 Airborne for training. She was on call in the aid station when a "GROUP" of wounded were brought in.

Lt. #1 spotted Jake the Snake and draws .45 auto firing one shot prematurely, misses snake, shoots self in leg.

Bullet passes through Lt.'s leg and hits Mjr. in passenger seat, passing through arm and thigh.

Bullet ricichets off jeep engine block and strikes Sgt. sitting in back seat where it stops in abdomen.

Snake slithers into brush giggling.

She said there were a total of 7 entry/exit wounds from one bullet that was in the pistol against regulations.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    My wife ran a medical lab while in the Army. One of her favorite stories was about a trip to the Mohavie Desert with the 101 Airborne for training. She was on call in the aid station when a "GROUP" of wounded were brought in.

Lt. #1 spotted Jake the Snake and draws .45 auto firing one shot prematurely, misses snake, shoots self in leg.

Bullet passes through Lt.'s leg and hits Mjr. in passenger seat, passing through arm and thigh.

Bullet ricichets off jeep engine block and strikes Sgt. sitting in back seat where it stops in abdomen.

Snake slithers into brush giggling.

She said there were a total of 7 entry/exit wounds from one bullet that was in the pistol against regulations.
    Must have been the same "magic bullet" from Dallas, Texas in 1963.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Justing
    King told deputies that the shooting was an accident, as there had been no animosity between him and Maffatone.
    I'll bet there is now.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.