Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: BP Oil

Banned

Dear ******,

It's now been over a month since the Deepwater Oil Disaster began -- and not only has BP failed to stop the flow of oil so far, but we still don't even know how big the spill is -- because BP won't allow anyone else to investigate the extent of the problem.

The secrecy must stop.

BP is refusing to share information -- data it's already tracking -- that would assist in the response and public understanding of the scope and severity of the Deepwater Oil Disaster. And they have every incentive in the world to keep doing so -- news reports say that the smaller the official estimates of the spill, the lower BP's liability could be in court.1

We don't let criminals investigate their own crimes, and this shouldn't be any different. It's time for BP to get out of the way and allow access for independent scientists and engineers to determine the real size of this catastrophe.

Sign the petition today calling on BP to provide full access to all their data to the government and independent scientists.

Independent reviews by scientists across the country are suggesting that the oil leak may be as much as 19 times worse than the original estimates -- but BP refuses to provide them with the data required to make their estimates more precise. All we know for sure is that the oil just keeps on gushing.

BP is extremely sensitive right now to public pressure -- so let's tell them that we won't stand for them hiding the truth. We'll deliver copies of the petitions and any comments you submit to the CEO of BP, as well as the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency.

Demand full access to BP's data and real answers about the Deepwater disaster.

Thanks for joining this fight,

Maggie L. Fox
    Chief Executive Officer
    Climate Protection Action Fund

P.S. This disaster is a painful reminder of how dangerous our addiction to oil really is - and how critical it is that our elected officials in Washington pass strong climate and clean energy legislation that weans us off of dirty fossil fuels as soon as possible. We must make sure that Americans and our leaders understand the true cost of oil. We simply can't afford a BP coverup. Sign the petition now demanding full transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by HeritageFarm View Post
    Hmmmm... Interesting. But after the Prius is made, it's impact is much less. While the Hummer might take less to make, it's impact is much more. This may just be a slam against Toyota Prius. But I'll look into it more.
    You have to use common sense. A vehicle has an impact when it's made, when it's used, and when it's disposed of. You have to add them all together. The Prius crowd, only seems to see the good points....they don't see the pollution caused by production, or disposal. (Or battery replacement, production and disposal.) I find this to be the case, with a lot of do-gooder causes.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

P.S. This disaster is a painful reminder of how dangerous our addiction to oil really is - and how critical it is that our elected officials in Washington pass strong climate and clean energy legislation that weans us off of dirty fossil fuels as soon as possible. We must make sure that Americans and our leaders understand the true cost of oil. We simply can't afford a BP coverup. Sign the petition now demanding full transparency.
    Do you have any idea what cost would be involved in this?
    (I'm speaking of cost in lives, and quality of life.)
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

So easy to dump on "do-gooders" or people with ideas--any ideas. Of course, a viable alternative is hardly ever offered. I've sat around too many meetings like that--after it's all said and done, more has been said than done.

Dear ******,

It's now been over a month since the Deepwater Oil Disaster began -- and not only has BP failed to stop the flow of oil so far, but we still don't even know how big the spill is -- because BP won't allow anyone else to investigate the extent of the problem.

The secrecy must stop.

BP is refusing to share information -- data it's already tracking -- that would assist in the response and public understanding of the scope and severity of the Deepwater Oil Disaster. And they have every incentive in the world to keep doing so -- news reports say that the smaller the official estimates of the spill, the lower BP's liability could be in court.1

We don't let criminals investigate their own crimes, and this shouldn't be any different. It's time for BP to get out of the way and allow access for independent scientists and engineers to determine the real size of this catastrophe.

Sign the petition today calling on BP to provide full access to all their data to the government and independent scientists.

Independent reviews by scientists across the country are suggesting that the oil leak may be as much as 19 times worse than the original estimates -- but BP refuses to provide them with the data required to make their estimates more precise. All we know for sure is that the oil just keeps on gushing.

BP is extremely sensitive right now to public pressure -- so let's tell them that we won't stand for them hiding the truth. We'll deliver copies of the petitions and any comments you submit to the CEO of BP, as well as the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency.

Demand full access to BP's data and real answers about the Deepwater disaster.

Thanks for joining this fight,

Maggie L. Fox
    Chief Executive Officer
    Climate Protection Action Fund

Kind of spammy don't you think?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Uh, you do know that the chairman for the Climate Protection Action Fund is Al Gore, right? Repower America is one of their initiatives and it was started by Al in 2008. I'll pass on the petition, thanks.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    So easy to dump on "do-gooders" or people with ideas--any ideas. Of course, a viable alternative is hardly ever offered. I've sat around too many meetings like that--after it's all said and done, more has been said than done.
    Not people with good ideas....just people with ideas that they haven't thought through, or that just ignore facts.

I know some of them mean well, but you have to actually think, sometimes.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Uh, you do know that the chairman for the Climate Protection Action Fund is Al Gore, right? Repower America is one of their initiatives and it was started by Al in 2008. I'll pass on the petition, thanks.
    Zactly.

Right out of the "never let a good crisis go to waste" playbook.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 05-30-2010 at 04:29 PM. Reason: spelling
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

And y'all thought I was crazy, when I was suspicious of the timing, and who's agenda would benefit, from this tragedy.
    Writer of wrongs.
    "Stop Global Whining"

Somebody benefits from everything. No matter how bad it is, someone is makin' a buck on it.

The latest news from BP. The well may spew until August. Nice. Real @#$% nice.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

This isn't aimed at you 2D because I know that you already know this, but nobody should kid themselves ALL sides take advantage of any situation they can.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Speaking of Al,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suh1dj2P1rM

he he he,

I haven't heard anything lately, but has anybody heard anything about Kevin Costners efforts - or if he got approval to deploy the 30 centrifuges?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

They will be tested within the week.

http://www.pddnet.com/news-kevin-cos...rifuge-052110/

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    This isn't aimed at you 2D because I know that you already know this, but nobody should kid themselves ALL sides take advantage of any situation they can.
    Exactly right.
    No one can claim hi moral ground any more or there'll be 5 YouTube videos to prove them wrong.

I haven't seen a picture of it or any diagrams but cyclones (a centrifugal device) has been used for decades in the coal industry to separate coal and water. This is a Krebs Cyclone.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

As long as two materials are of different specific gravity they should be able to be separated using the process.

Blog Entries

You're correct Rick. I was invlolved with the design of a centrifuge to separate bilge water.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

Default A chance to act

http://www.pickensplan.com

Check out the site and do what you can.
    T Boone has been on the case for a long time, and he needs all the support he can get.

Good post, Benesse. I've been a supporter of his for a long time. Here's the plan without the sign up.

http://www.pickensplan.com/theplan/

Banned

I don't see why we should stop getting imported oil. We don't actually get a very large percentage of oil from terrorist countries, around a couple percent I believe.