Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: And So It Begins

Way to go,keep it up Crash!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Great, Congratulations. Are you doing much walking or it it too hot this time of year......?

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    Great, Congratulations. Are you doing much walking or it it too hot this time of year......?
    Unfortunately not any other than working. I'm riding a stationary bike (no resistance) for a little bit every day, but that is to keep the fluid down on my knee. MRI is on the 14th. The Ortho doc thinks (won't know for sure until after the MRI) a fairly minor orthoscopic surgury will fix it, with a fairly short recovery time. I hope he's right, I miss my walks dagnabit.

It is hot, but I just drink a lot of water - probably why I'm so anal about storing so much water in case of emergency.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Keep up the good work!
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

That's impressive, Crash.
    Isn't it like a gift to get up on that scale and see lbs slip away?

Blog Entries

Well Crash Hows it going?
    really, i hope it's going well.
    Sometimes there will be a slowdown in weight lose after the first week or two.
    just keep doing what your doing and it will all work out.
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimhuntermj21

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    That's impressive, Crash.
    Isn't it like a gift to get up on that scale and see lbs slip away?

Exception being TEOTWAWKI Then weight is you friend.

Quote Originally Posted by huntermj View Post
    Well Crash Hows it going?
    really, i hope it's going well.
    Sometimes there will be a slowdown in weight lose after the first week or two.
    just keep doing what your doing and it will all work out.
    Life is good. Starting to get a little more mobile. MRI is today - follow-up next week.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    Exception being TEOTWAWKI Then weight is you friend.
    It's not your friend if you can't haul a$$ when you need to. Or when you get a heart attack trying to. Or a stroke that leaves you paralyzed. Or any number of things that won't be diagnosed until it's too late. It's more probable that those things would take place before your fat becomes your friend. Now if you're a gambling man and the high stakes excite you, I'd say have another piece of that fried dough.

Yeah, but you can roll downhill faster and gather no moss.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Yeah, but you can roll downhill faster and gather no moss.
    You'll also be harder to kidnap.

and make a great harbor buoy. You just need a hat with a bell.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    and make a great harbor buoy. You just need a hat with a bell.
    LOL,,, Thats FUNNY ! "ding ding"

All joking aside, congrats for seeing a potential problem and taking hard steps to correct it.
    Way to go, hang in there................
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Outstanding results with the weight loss. Keep it up. Good luck w/ the MRI today.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    It's not your friend if you can't haul a$$ when you need to. Or when you get a heart attack trying to. Or a stroke that leaves you paralyzed. Or any number of things that won't be diagnosed until it's too late. It's more probable that those things would take place before your fat becomes your friend. Now if you're a gambling man and the high stakes excite you, I'd say have another piece of that fried dough.
    That makes sense on the surface, and is true for morbid obesity, but not in reality. As in any conflict SHTF will result in more deaths due to bad water, disease and starvation than from not properly dodging bullets. Thanks to the receint research in treating anorexia, and the records kept by Doctors during the Warsaw Getto uprisings and concentration camp horrors, we can confirm what most have long suspected.

During a disaster the person that goes in with extra weight lasts longer than his or her skinny friends. Espically when a population is starved interntionally or by default.

Calories in, calories out. How many times have we heard it? 20 extra pounds will get you 30 extra days.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    That makes sense on the surface, and is true for morbid obesity, but not in reality. As in any conflict SHTF will result in more deaths due to bad water, disease and starvation than from not properly dodging bullets. Thanks to the receint research in treating anorexia, and the records kept by Doctors during the Warsaw Getto uprisings and concentration camp horrors, we can confirm what most have long suspected.

During a disaster the person that goes in with extra weight lasts longer than his or her skinny friends. Espically when a population is starved interntionally or by default.

Calories in, calories out. How many times have we heard it? 20 extra pounds will get you 30 extra days.
    I haven't heard that one but would hazard a guess that it could be true especially if you sat on your behind all day and were generally in good shape.

How'd it go today Crash? I've started posting low cal meals. I hope that helps.

It went well. Took several hours though. First was a couple of x-rays of the eyes (because of the chance of a spec of steel from knife making) then two MRI's. Appointment on the 21st to find out what's next. I think I'll be going for a walk in the woods (slowly) before then.

I've noticed the recipes. Thanks. I am not counting calories for the way I'm eating. Just making wiser choices and weighing/measuring portions.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    It went well. Took several hours though. First was a couple of x-rays of the eyes (because of the chance of a spec of steel from knife making) then two MRI's. Appointment on the 21st to find out what's next. I think I'll be going for a walk in the woods (slowly) before then.

I've noticed the recipes. Thanks. I am not counting calories for the way I'm eating. Just making wiser choices and weighing/measuring portions.
    Were you wearing goggles? I learned the hard way when they belt broke, grabbed the knife and started on me. Yea, I'm still purdy according to this Mrs.