Thread: Tokwan Is Writing A Book.

Default Tokwan Is Writing A Book.

I have just started to write a book and into my 30th page. I think I have about 100 pages more to go.

I need some of you guy's help. But it will be someone who have the time, like someone who is on retirement, and loves reading. A good knowledge on wilderness survival will be good.

What kinda Help I am Looking For?

I am writing in English, and as you guys know, that is my second language. I will need a few volunteers to help go through certain pages of what I wrote.
    The volunteer can make as many changes if he or she wishes to. The illustrations and picture will not be there yet, its only the draft.
    Once the book is completed, I will give you a copy. But I have yet to decide to do a printed published book or a eBook.

The volunteers will have to give me his/her email address so that I can sent part of the book to him/her.

So, any takers?

BTW, the book is tentatively Titled: Surviving The Rain Forest Of Malaysia - The Practically Way. As I said, TENTATIVELY TITLED!
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

I'll shoot you my email. For the tentative title you may want to use the word "Practical".
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

That's cool.

Great! I have only completed the firt 27 pages, as I decided to look back and re edit. Please send me your email.
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

At the campsite

It was raining...and I gotta clean the place up.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

I don't have a lot of extra time but I'd be happy to take a look too. I used to be an English Teacher.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Great. I will pass all those willing to help different pages or sections. I haven't chapter-ed the book yet. I only have about 30 pages so far...Thanks Star!

I look forward to the finished product.
    When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

Gonna take some time..looks like i have to get lost of pictures and illustration.

I'd be happy to help, just pm me with what you need. I'm a English student so I could catch any errors in the grammer

Interesting! Id be willing to purchase a finished copy. I enjoy knowledge from geographical areas other than mine. I read a book once that heavily focused on survival at sea and was fascinated... even though I am no where near the sea, nor intend to be on the sea, it was still fascinating.

EB

If I may suggest - one help in writing a book is to first list the chapters. Write a short paragraph to two to cover the contents of that chapter. This will help you stay focused on the content.

Outline the chapter - what do you want to cover in the chapter? When you get ready to break into sub-chapters the outline will help.

Good luck, my first book took a while, the more you write, the easier it gets. Really.
    Edit to add - like this from something I've been working on.

Table of Contents

1 Water
    2. Shelter and protection from environmental elements
    3. Fire and light
    4. Nutrition (food & cooking)
    5. First aid and medical
    6. Hygiene
    7. Communication and signaling
    8. Tools and repairs
    9. Safety and defense
    10. Travel and navigation
    11. Morale and mental health
    12. Important documents (passports, insurance, license, etc)
    Capstone Project - A way to carry all of your 'stuff' that is both inexpensive and low key.

and the short description -

Water.
    You need at least two liters per person per day, minimum, just to survive. If you are traveling or working, plan for a gallon per person, per day. This Chapter covers gathering, storage, purification and suggestions for transport of drinking water. I discuss the difference between water filters and purifiers, and why that matters. More than one type of filter is described.

This really helps me stay focused....again - good luck!
    Last edited by dkr; 01-16-2015 at 10:56 PM. Reason: added sample of what I use...