Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: And So It Begins

Default And So It Begins

It is time to get into better physical condition. I have always struggled with managing my weight, but have been very active. I have had a few physical injuries over the last few years that have slowed down much of that activity, plus the fact that I ain’t getting any younger. Over the weekend I aggravated an old knee injury that has probably been compounded by my weight. It is almost embarrassing to say it, but I figure that I say it out loud (or type it for all to see) it will help me to quit fooling myself. Today I tipped the scales at 310. Today the change in lifestyle begins. I have an appointment tomorrow with my doc to check out the knee (and the opposite ankle). My initial goal, which I am sure I will adjust, is to lose 100 pounds. I am going to use this thread to remind me, and to chart my progress. I have no illusions about the difficulty of the changes I am making, but make them I must. Wish me luck.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I do wish you luck. I've started down the same course so we'll cheer each other on!!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Best of luck. I'm sure you'll manage just fine.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

A leaner , meaner Crash, Just what the world needs
    But on a serious note, is a great goal, and you may even encourage me to be a bit more serious .

I won't say Good luck, but will say work hard.
    .45 ACP Because shooting twice is silly... The avatar says it all,.45 because there isn't a.46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs6a...eature=related

Hang in and stay strong! I'll be cheering for you every step of the way.

Great goals! Just don't start off to hard, we don't want you to hurt yourself.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Voice in the Wilderness preachtheWORD's Avatar

Good luck, my friend. I'm fighting the battle of the bulge with you. I got back on the basketball court for the first time in a long while and I felt like my feet were glued to the floor. A big part of survival - of just surviving everyday life - is physical fitness. That is a survival tool that I wan to have.
    Preach It - Teach It - LIVE IT

Banned
    Blog Entries

Me also, I more or less started two weeks ago when I moved back into my shack. I weighed the most I have ever weighed this last winter, (DAMN sitting around watching the T.V.thingie & doing nothing). I clocked in at 232.5 pounds the day I move. But I have been doing one or two hikes per-day.

Crash, you know what else sucks........the older you get the shorter you get...

Banned

Good Luck ! Ya Know its kind funny this comes up now, A Few Days ago I decided to try and control how much I Eat ,, I dont like this pot belly, So I began Drinking a full Glass of water before Right before I had Dinner,, And I swear ,I am only eating half as much as I did before, This (Water) Is an Excellent way to control your portion size each meal, and Much easier than "Sweatin to the Oldies"

Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    Crash, you know what else sucks........the older you get the shorter you get...
    The reason for that is not paying your "gravity bill", eventually, you will stop moving and it will suck you into the ground............KEEP MOVING.....
    Hang in there boys, can't say weight is a problem for me, but I got a lot of other stuff I should work on.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Blog Entries

Good luck Crash!
    If you need more insperation to get healthy just go have a full physical and im sure your doc will give you some. Mine did just recently
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimhuntermj21

Good luck Crash! I wish you the best with the knee as well.

Ha!!!! That's funny. When I go to the doctor they ask, "How tall are you?" I say, "You want the height of me when I was 20 or now?"
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Ha!!!! That's funny. When I go to the doctor they ask, "How tall are you?" I say, "You want the height of me when I was 20 or now?"
    As long as you're walking tall, that's all that matters.

I'm with ya, crash.....and huntermj is right, about the doctors. I think mine makes stuff up, every time I go to his office. I'm in the same boat as a couple of you. My quest is to get in good enough shape, that when I visit my doctor three months from now, he will OK me not taking anymore meds. I'm border line, on blood pressure, and on blood sugar. He has me on meds, but I know if I get in better shape, I won't need them.

And for the record, crash, I had gotten to just over 280.
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Crash, just think about how good you will look in that thong when you get it back from Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by tipacanoe View Post
    Crash, just think about how good you will look in that thong when you get it back from Ken.
    Ummmmm. That's Ricks, and what he and Ken do with it is between them.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Oh, come on, Crash. We'll share it. It will look like a couple of potatoes in a sack race.

Blog Entries

i just thew up a little in my mouth
    I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    Oscar Wilde

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimhuntermj21

Quote Originally Posted by huntermj View Post
    i just thew up a little in my mouth
    Don't eat it! Twice the calories and all.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel