Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Make Fire with a AA battery and a staple

Oh, I had forgotten about the video. Good post!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Because the Battery case is Positive,
    Back in the good ole days™, AAA through D batteries were enclosed in a metal can. Then the manufacturers started crowing that their new batteries had XX% more capacity than their competitors or older batteries. What they had done was replace the metal case with thin plastic heat shrink, leaving a bit more room for battery guts and save money on metal. Maybe there is some foil underneath. Put the new batteries in old metal battery holders and it could pierce the heat shrink and cause trouble. This could affect trying to short a battery from one end.

Results are going to vary depending on the "wire" used.

Lithium cells can explode when shorted.

Don't you guys know that you are supposed to destroy a perfectly good flashlight every time you want to start a fire? (survivorman)

i did this and i used some paper instead of lint or something, and it actually set my paper on fire

Walk'n Man

A 1/8th strip of bubble gum wrapper works very well. Any thing that has a metal foil on one side and paper on the other will work well. It's the same principle as the staple only it will combust into a flame. That is the main way prisoners start fires.