Thread: Empowering experience!

Default Empowering experience!

Well I gone and did it! Bought a tool box for my truck! I never much considered it because I haul round bales with the truck. Whelp I found me a half width box and got her loaded with tools! Let me tell you... I am back to myself! I have had all of my tools, a 50-60 yr. old axe, stolen.... a 2 ton floor jack, a stinkin hammer and who knows what else stolen out of the bed of my truck in the last 2 years. So over the course of 2 yrs. I carried less and less of what keeps me going in that truck bed. NO MORE! and to the guys that stole all of my tools...a big sticker is going on it that says...

Your here illegally to begin with and you took our tools, not to mention our jobs. It isn't going to be so easy for you now! LOL...just kidding!
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

"How can you tell a story that has no end?" Doc Carlson

I hope my post wasn't taken as racial profiling. I am darker than most of ya'll and it wasn't meant that way. I get the jokes about mexicans even though I am not of Mexican heritage. I am American Indian. I have alot of respect for the Mexican people. I lived in NM for 5 yrs. and have friends I woudn't dare trade out for any other race. I was joking...I do figure my tools weren't stolen by a lazy people though......
    Keep in mind the problem may be extremely complicated, though the "Fix" is often simple...

"Teaching a child to fish is the "original" introduction to all that is wild." CS

On second thought I guess it could be the recession...All I really know is it didn't happen the first almost 20 yrs. I was driving....hmmmmm

I keep a bag of rice and beans in an old cookie tin in my tool box and, other things.

How about, "If I catch you lootin', you'll catch me shootin'."
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

There will probably be no sticker. I was just rantin' anyhow...I do think I will put a battery and a solar cell on top coupled with an inverter! At least it'll keep some from totin' the whole box off...the more I put in it!

Or....wire a capacitor to it. A really big capacitor.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

In other news: Thieves have begun to target trucks with mounted tool boxes. On was heard fleeing the scene of a burglary shouting "Thanks for putting it all in a convenient carry case!"
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by COWBOYSURVIVAL View Post
    I hope my post wasn't taken as racial profiling. I am darker than most of ya'll and it wasn't meant that way. I get the jokes about mexicans even though I am not of Mexican heritage. I am American Indian. I have alot of respect for the Mexican people. I lived in NM for 5 yrs. and have friends I woudn't dare trade out for any other race. I was joking...I do figure my tools weren't stolen by a lazy people though......
    So CS,you play COWBOY and INDIAN by yourself,don't you???
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Southern WV , raised in Eastern KY up a holler

I like Rick's idea of a capacitor. Back when I got bored at work I would charge up a few dozen and put them back in the boxes. Never got caught but I did enjoy it.
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old
    to fight... he'll just kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    So CS,you play COWBOY and INDIAN by yourself,don't you???
    Now that right there's funny. I don't care who you are.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

My uncle had the same problem with people looting the back of our old ford, He got a box and well...... He wired a surprise to it so if you opened it without unhooking the wire you got hit with the ink that they use in banks to mark theives. I love my uncle!

Through bolt the box or they can just use a pry bar to rip it up and take the whole box. Had some one try to steal a co-workers box. He had 12 neon transformers in it at about 20lbs each. Plus tools and stuff.

They decided to leave the box. LOL

My box carries some tools I'd need to work on my truck and most of my camping gear.