Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Crawfish

or just go in after them and snatch em

Chief Executive Officer of All Operations

yeah that works.

I grew up on "wild" crawfish in Biloxi, Mississippi and thought that the best crawfish were found in Louisiana and the gulf coast area. However, while I lived in Las Vegas, somebody introduced me to the enormous mutant fallout crawfish of St. George Utah. These monsters were HUGE!!!. Six inches easy! So a friend of mine and I went one weekend, caught an ice chest full and took them back to LV for a boil. And Let me tell ya. That was some kinda good. There's nothing like fresh boiled crawfish with corn, taters, sausage and mushrooms thrown in. Of course you need a lot of salt and crab boil seasoning as well as whole garlic, celery and onions, bay leaves and lemons. Every non-crawfishing eating person there became a convert and I suspect they still talk about that crawfish boil back in '90. You really need to learn from a cajun though instead of a book. We know how to do it right. If you try them without a lot of the right seasonings, you will never eat another. disgusting if not done right.

Kathy - Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us. We have another doc on here as well. We like for those new to the forum to go to the Introductions section and tell everyone a little about yourself. What kind of hobbies, what outdoor stuff you like, maybe why you joined up. Here's a link to the Intro section:

By the way, mud bugs are some good eatin'.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...splay.php?f=14
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

When my kids were small, they'd catch crawfish by useing a strip of bacon and a string.
    They ended up doing quite well actually. Acouple of pounds worth atleast.
    [COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]Survival is the art of steeling one's desire to overcome and surpass any situation with nothing more than personal will and fortitude.

You wait until Don reads this, GVan. You'll hear about this. Misusing bacon is a capital offense.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

that just illustrates the exchange rate. one strip of bacon trades at several lb of crawfish.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

One strip of bacon trades at several pounds of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Gentlemen. No political discussion on the forum! Thank you! They always degrade just as this one has. I'll delete any further political posts.
    Sorry Rick, I slipped.
    [COLOR="Red"][/COLOR]Survival is the art of steeling one's desire to overcome and surpass any situation with nothing more than personal will and fortitude.

Quote Originally Posted by catfish10101 View Post
    We eat veggies too, onions, garlic, celery, mashed taters, corn. All a major part of most of our meals. LOL.
    You forgot the sweet taters.

Rick, Bacon is just a seasoning, especially when ya'll got catfish, nutrea, crawfish, alligator, oysters, red snapper, and the like.
    Last edited by GVan; 03-18-2008 at 03:41 AM.

GVan - I can forgive someone not knowing but once you've been told.....bacon is bacon (masses chant in unison and bow, "All hail bacon!") I may be wrong but I think Troy fell over bacon, the Great Wall of China was built to protect their bacon, Napoleon was defeated in Russia over bacon. One of the great figurative painters changed his name from Francis McDonald to Francis Bacon. And one actor changed his name from Kevin Yovonochisouz to Kevin Bacon. And.....both democratic and republican candidates know their election hinges on the bacon vote. I could be wrong but you might want to look it up. (masses chant in unison and bow, "All hail bacon!")

Here's a real treat for bacon lovers...

http://www.browniepointsblog.com/200...e-bacon-vodka/
    Last edited by Rick; 03-18-2008 at 06:59 AM.

Men (and women) have spent their lives in the pursuit of bacon.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Default Bacon?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    And.....both democratic and republican candidates know their election hinges on the bacon vote.

That sounds like a political post...

How did we go from crawfish to bacon?

Not political, factual (apolitical). GVan trounced bacon and we had to come to its defense.

Back on thread: Crawfish. MMMMmmmmmmmm.
    Last edited by Rick; 03-18-2008 at 08:02 AM.

Blog Entries

Just had Crab Cakes and Crawfish on Saturday at Papa Douex's Seafood, Mmmm Mmmm Good.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

trademarked beo. Or copyrighted i'm not sure. Or is that political?

Default new here

I'm new here..Just wanna say Hi to all..This forum is very informative..Glad I dont have allergy,I can eat shrimps,crawfish,or whatever..Know what?I'm planning a trip this summer in Lake Mateos Mexico for largemouth..Cant wait to post my pics..Pls click below if you have some tips for me,I will truly appreciate..thanks.

http://www.aztecfishingtours.com

Welcome Mike - "Cast" yourself over to the Introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself. What "lures" you outdoors, your hobbies, whatever you "reel"y would like to share.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by flandersander View Post
    Yeah. Do you think that would work with small lake prawns or shrimp?
    Why waste the shrimp?

Crawfish are scavangers and will eat bits and pieces of your kill. Rabbit guts, Chicken guts, fish guts, anything as long as it smells like flesh to them.

There is no need to use a good food as a bait.

true. I however like the taste of shrimp and will continue to eat 'em. sorrt gvan.