Thread: im a new member!

Default im a new member!

hey i'm chris and well honestly i really have no background
    except why i got into survival. We have this heavy oak forest behind our house and well, it started with the occasional walk and it led up to wanting to know what foods were ok to eat and what ones weren't (poison oak isnt the best, found that out the hard way). Today i go on a walk everyday through the woods and practicly know them inside and out.
    I Attened a big picture school and we have to do quaterly projects, for this project i choose woodland survival. And thats how i stumbled upon this forum
    The one of toast... Bring me butter!

Welcome, Chris. Poison anything isn't the best. There definitely are better options available.
    We're grad you're here.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Welcome... you have stumbled to the right place...you will find good info and good people here.
    ~Earth receives foot and paw, hoof and claw with equal grace. But it is the way of the wild not to overstep...let's leave no trace that wind, rain and snow cannot erase~

Thank you for accepting me,
    i hope i learn alot from everyone

Blog Entries

Cool Welcome!

It's cool that you've got the woods to play around in. By the way, get a book that identifys plants or you might be chewing on Poison Ivy next. Also, I'm recommending Cody Lundin's book: "98.6 Degrees" The Art Of Keeping Your A$$ Alive!" We probably should make that "mandatory reading prior to people joining this site. (dry humor) Anyway, that book is a good place to start.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

sarge, you should get some sort of commission every time you pitch lundin's book

Blog Entries

Cool Nahhh!

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    sarge, you should get some sort of commission every time you pitch lundin's book
    I only promote what I believe is worthwhile. Besides, the guy took the time out of his busy schedule to respond to Rick's question properly. The fellow definatly knows his stuff. BTW, do you own a copy? If not you should buy one. Amazon has the best price. He also has a second book that he's recently finished on "Doomsday Scenarios". I'll probably buy that one just to see what he wrote. Also check out Rick's review of the book!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

thank i am going to library tomarrow and ill see if they have it.
    if not I'll go to amazon and get it, beause from what you've said about it makes me want to read it.

Welcome to the wolf pack toasta!

Thumbs up

Welcome to the madness Toasta. . .enjoy!!
    Everything I have posted is pure fantasy. I have not done any of the things that I have claimed to have done in my posts. I actually live in Detroit.

Default Madness??

madness you say?? What madness?? (pause to babble incoherently and bang my head against the wall) No madness here toasta, welcome aboard...(evil cackle)
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Welcome to the forum. you are on the right track.
    Walk softly upon the earth!