Thread: How's Poco?

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default How's Poco?

Severe weather all weekend brings flooding to Tennessee. I hope we hear from Poco soon. I'm a little worried about how he's handling everything.
    Poco, If you're out there, we'd like to hear from you!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

I was worried about him too.
    Hope he and Dottie are OK and just busy in a good way.

We're doing good. Thanks for the Concern!! I just don't log in anymore unless I have something that I ABSOLUTELY HAVE to say. After I post this all the "Unread threads" disappear on me.... It's just easier for me to "Lurk" and read. I stop by daily, I just don't Log In. Tennessee were hit MUCH harder than us, Mississippi too. Anyone heard from Cabingirl?? She is in N Miss. I think.

Looking at the Positive side of all this rain there is more flint uncovered now!!

We have flooding on just about all the roads around where I live. And to beat it all I live at the bottom of the hill of our neighborhood, which means I get all the runoff.

I had to take an alternate route to work today due to the roads being flooded. Good thing I have alternate routes marked for this and other scenarios.

Sure enough, as soon as I replied to this, I lost all the threads!! Every last one of them. SOMETHING is not right, if it does the same with #2 I think it would have to be my PC but I have done everything I know how to do, Purged all the cookies, cleaned the SSL slate, Un-installed browser and Re-installed it. I have run Malwarebytes,AV, CCleaner, Defragged.....

It seems to only affect my original Poco account but not this one.... Go figure. Even after replying to this one thread twice I still have 184 unread threads!! When I replied with poco original acct as soon as I replied to this thread ALL the threads were marked read. Weird!!
    Last edited by pocomoonskyeyes; 05-03-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pocomoonskyeyes2 View Post
    It seems to only affect my original Poco account but not this one.... Go figure. Even after replying to this one thread twice I still have 184 unread threads!! When I replied with poco original acct as soon as I replied to this thread ALL the threads were marked read. Weird!!

I have the same thing, however I think it is the "Anti-virus" PRE-READING them that makes them register as Having been READ. Odd it does not happen on the other Forums.

Banned

Change all your options to default,,,,

Mississippi did get hit hard by the storms and flooding. We are all fine. In Ashland Mississippi. there were three people killed by the storm. My husband and I went near Ashland yesterday to check on a few things and found that the hwy was almost washed out in one spot, county workers were there and making every one get into the other land because all the dirt had washed out from under the left side of the hwy, we still had to drive through running water to get across the one side that was open, didn't like that at all.

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Glad to hear everyone is okay. Thanks for the update my friend.
    The bad stuff has been lingering on the other side of the river all day, but the sky looks pretty ominous.
    If we have any friends south of Atlanta, or up into South Carolina, y'all keep an eye on the sky. Seems to be a pretty persistent weather system.
    Be safe!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller

My Plants
    My skills
    Eye Candy
    Plant terminology reference!
    Moving pictures

Sure enough, as soon as I replied to this, I lost all the threads!! Every last one of them. SOMETHING is not right, if it does the same with #2 I think it would have to be my PC but I have done everything I know how to do, Purged all the cookies, cleaned the SSL slate, Un-installed browser and Re-installed it. I have run Malwarebytes,AV, CCleaner, Defragged.....
    Poco when you find the problem let me know I have the same problem. Log on check for unread posts, read one post, loose everything else.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Hello guys!!! It has been a pretty day here.
    Proof of a higher power, is the power of a horses stride. Line for line, grace and majesty, taking me for a ride.

OK so if I'm understanding this correctly, Both Sourdough AND Oldsoldier are also now experiencing this problem?? Add in RCW1969, Dogman, Batch, and my Original account. That makes 6 THAT we know of.... All are from different states SD is Alaska, Dogman is Montana, Oldsoldier is Indiana, ME in Ky, RCW1969 In NE,and Batch is Florida..... IIRC everyone's Locations.

I am of the belief that it has something to do with these Particular accounts, And our ISP's somehow.... The only reason I say that is that EVERYTHING in my original acct has been reset to default, so the settings are not the problem. My Duplicate acct works Normally, and I have purged and reset EVERYTHING with my PC, yet my "Old Acct" still does not function normally yet my Dupe acct works perfectly!!

My suggestion? If you are having this problem, copy anything you want to keep - Albums, e-mail addresses, etc. that you may have stored and then "Abandon" the old acct's. I say this because it is something that I cannot correct on my end. I don't know if something has become "Corrupted" or what, I do know that I have done almost everything I can, except Erase my hard drive completely and start over from scratch. I have this problem on 3 different computers... But only with my old acct. I have 3 different AV's - a different one on each computer. The AV and the browser is NOT the problem, Some of us have tried different browsers, and AV's...to no avail. I think something on the recognition of acct. and ISP has become corrupted. Granted I know next to NOTHING about computers. Yet Rick, in Indiana can access my old acct. and has NO problem. Only me, in my location,and ONLY with my Old acct. My Dupe acct. which I created to try and troubleshoot this problem, works perfectly!!

I also frequent Knifedogs.com (For obvious reasons),which is annother V-Bulletin forum, I have NO problem with, I am also on other V-Bulletin Forums, again no problem. It IS site specific, ISP specific, AND acct Specific. Only a half dozen of us(That we know of) are having this problem.

Things we KNOW:
    1) It is site specific, it only happens on THIS V-bulletin Forum, as some of us are also on Other V-bulletin forums, with NO problems there.(I.E. Me on Knifedogs.com a Knife Makers Forum et al / Sourdough on the Alaska Forum etc.)

2) It Does NOT matter which browser, AV, or other programs that are run. Others are running the same stuff and have NO problem. So what you have on your PC is not affecting it.

3) From me having a Duplicate Acct. AND allowing Rick access to my OLD Acct. we now know that it is only in relation to acct.- ISP. Rick has no problem with my Old Acct. AND My "New Acct." works fine for me.

Hope this helps!!! Maybe my "Hypothesis" can point someone in the right direction of the real culprit of this problem.

Banned

Your ISP wouldnt change with the poco2 account,, same provider....

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Your ISP wouldnt change with the poco2 account,, same provider....
    Yeah that is what I am saying is that it is ISP AND acct. specific. Equus is sitting on the couch about 7-8 ft from me, she has NEVER had this problem. Rick can use My original Acct in Indiana and has no problem, Yet when I use it, I have problems. I have NO problems with My duplicate acct.(poco2), ONLY with the original acct. I also have NO problem on other V-Bulletin sites. EVERYTHING in my Original Acct has been reset to "Default". Only about a half dozen (That we know of) are having this problem.

What I BELIEVE, is that it is some kind of "Corruption" of the way the servers recognize Certain Acct.'s. I THINK (could be wrong, as I don't know all that much about computers) it is something to do with the way these affected acct.'s are "Recognized", or something like that. Rick can access my Original Acct (The one I'm having trouble with) and has NO problem. Yet I have problems with the original, but not the duplicate, nor does Dottie/equus have this problem. Does that make better sense to you?

Banned

Yes,,, what you are saying makes sense,,, but the problem doesn't ... weird ?

I know if I lurk,,, "Sometimes" it will mark the posts i read while lurking,, and when i log in they still are "Read",, but that is not "Always" the case, When i am logged on all works fine.

Same here.. I don't have any problem on any of the other forums I frequent. It just happens here, Doesn't matter if I use my wowway ISP account or my AT&T wireless account, or my Iphone google ISP I show lots of unread posts until I open the first on and it "marks" everthing else as read. It's more a hassel than anything I just have to sort through everything to see if I've read it or not.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Horse emergency be back soon asap

Back now, we had a yearling jump an almost 5' fence!! Fortunately he landed in the Round Pen!!