Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Survival Text Adventure Game

Yes. That terrible.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

well, the person who plays the game makes the choices, not me. I just want to think of things that a person might do.

You're the one developing the game. We're just giving you input that you asked for.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

thank you for that. I did not mean to be rude.

You weren't.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Tech..just a couple things to ad. Most if not all commercial aircraft passenger and cargo have a few items you may not be aware of.
    1. a pretty good emergency kit that includes items like a first aid kit, flare gun, and an ELB (emergency locator beacon ) that has a self contained power supply independent from the crafts electrical system that will automatically activate in the event of an emergency landing'

2. Most commercial aircraft has an emergency radio similar to a sattelite telephone that can be used in the event of a crash. It is usually located in the cockpit in a cabinet mounted on the bulkhead behind the pilots seat.

Don't know if this will help or not.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Ok, well I am currently working on the 1st choice. (the walking one) and I made it to here.
    You decide to set up camp and continue moving tomorrow. You have one hour left until dark, what do you do?
    I have:
    Continue (you die)
    Build a fire
    Build a shelter from the snow
    Make a sling from the stuff in your 1st aid kit

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Techathon; 04-26-2010 at 07:09 PM.

The only reasonable option you have is to stay with the downed aircraft. Your chances of being spotted are immeasurably higher by staying put. In addition, you still have the carcass of the aircraft to use for a shelter as well as any insulation and/or padding that might be left inside the craft. Even if the cabin is toasted you can still scrounge enough junk to make a decent shelter.

And....since you've given me a broken arm, I have no choice but to stay. When you change one variable several downstream variables will subsequently be impacted.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Banned

I Think we have been playing his "Text game" this whole time

@ Justin Case: Kind of... Writing one of these games is alot like playing. I kind of wanted more of ideas of scenarios that could come from making those choices rather than direct answers. Sorry for not communicating well

@Rick: There has to be multiple ways to play... The 1st choice might screw you over, but the people who selected "move on" need an option to play. with that choice that going "Game over you lose"

Banned

Well, There are just so many variables, so he stopped to make camp and has an hour left what do you do ,,,,,,right ? well,, you make camp,, it depends on so many things on how you move forward, Did you bring fire with you from the crash? are there any materials to build a shelter ? what are they ? are you wet or dry ? is your broken arm in a splint ? can you dig a snow cave ? with what tool ? etc etc etc,,,, see what I mean,,, and thats just a few variables,,