Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Survival Text Adventure Game

Default Survival Text Adventure Game

Hello all!
    I currently programming a Survival text adventure based on the following locations:
    Norwegian Mountains
    Midwest American Forests
    Floridan Marsh
    Arizonian Desert
    A Pacific Island
    Middle Eastern Desert
    Congo Jungle
    Amazonian Jungle
    Central Asian Steppes
    Australian Outback

In this game the Scenario is that you are all alone. You also could have one or more but likely not all of the following depending how the game loads your equipment:
    A pencil
    A Watch
    A Hunting Rifle
    A propane heater
    A lighter ant a random % full
    A 1-10 matches (depends on load)
    Some paper scraps
    A compass.
    Multi tool Knife

What I need is help with Ideas for questions for these places or suggestions of places that need to be replaced. (I just threw these together off the top of my head.) I also need more stuff that you could plausibly have if you are in a survival situation and uses for them. Thank you!!
    Last edited by Techathon; 04-25-2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Scencemaking

Hi Techathon, maybe you could go to the introduction section and give us an intro . http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ead.php?t=7813
    this link will help you with details.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Banned

What,, No Knife ?

Oops! forgot knife in the post not the program. Ill fix it!!
    @ Wielderguy here you go
    Last edited by Techathon; 04-25-2010 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Found it

Techathon, if I'm understanding what your doing is making a role playing game based on the places and equipment listed above. what types of questions are you looking for ? if your looking for what if type questions, try searching this forum and look at some of the questions that have been asked maybe that would be a good starting point .
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

I also have a question and a thought. How familiar are you with these environments?

If you are looking for "Realism" you are going to have to familiarize yourself with the different environments and the Flora and Fauna also. Also you will need to Provide some sort of container for water. While there is much info here, you may also want to invest in some related books,for research.

Techathon - we often role play different scenarios on the forum. Here's a checklist that helps out. http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ead.php?t=5477
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

There have been many scenarios discussed as a challenge. Usually the challenger provides you with a situation like car brakes down; on a hike, twist ankle, lost etc. A location and limited information on the location is given. A list of items you happen to have are suggested. Weather, climate and seasonal conditions are all outlined by the challenger.

In short your question is not a simple one that is variable by all the things listed above, the general knowledge, survival knowledge, and location knowledge of your subject.

Welder guy has made a good suggestion. search this forum for topics like "surviving in the wild" there are several stickies that have good information.

Like Poco said familiarize yourself with a location to understand terrain climate and seasonal conditions. that should be your starting point. Every situation begins with were am I and current situation status.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

A wise man profits from the wisdom of others.

Thanks for all of the replys. I am currently searching thru the forum, so with some look I will find something.

After you have done a bit of looking around, you should have a better idea of what has been discussed. you can follow the link crash provided it will help you formulate a better scenario. Ask questions again. The more focused your questions are the more directed we can answer them. Keep asking and researching and asking and.......

Stick around.
    Karl

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion the the effort he puts into whatever field of endeavor he chooses. Vincent T Lombardi

Sorry for being so dependent... I need some choices and outcomes for:

You, a middle aged commercial airplane pilot just crash landed in Greenland after an electrical failure. Unfortunately, the radio was also out so nobody could receive your call. You were the only person aboard when it crashed. The crash caused an explosion in the cargo hold, burning up the emergency food and starting a fire outside the cockpit. In addition to what you already have on you (one of the above items), you have these to choose from before you hop out."
    Last edited by Techathon; 04-25-2010 at 08:02 PM.

Well now, Tex. Am I a novice at this survival stuff, have I been through my company's survival in Greenland course or was I a former instructor at SERE school? My skills level will make a big difference on what I use and how I use it. If I'm real keen there are some things I'd do before I hopped out of that cockpit and some other stuff that I'd take with me because it would be on the aircraft by law.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Well please can you tell me? Your help would be great!

Did the radio work before the plane went down (Tex - I like that)? Have I been TSA trained and carry a firearm in the cockpit? Ooooh - so many questions.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Ok, The crash is due to electrical failure so no radio, and I'll change it to give a list of what you have in the cockpit before you leave. I just need to know what is required. Let's just say no firearm. Thanks for all your help.

Am I injured?

Am I a young man, or an old man?

Did anyone hear my mayday?
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Ill add:
    Middle aged
    merely shaken up
    Electrical failure, no radio

Banned

Can I get a signal with this damn Cell phone ?

How about adding a co-pilot, that was killed in the crash......Then you have the dilemma, of whether or not to save the body and later eat...if not rescued. (Sorry....I couldn't stop myself.)
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Sooooo, When is the project do?

Greenland Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland
    Karl